Anyone have (or know where to get) Pt6a engine deck?

• Thread starter Aeroguy101
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Engine
In summary: I hope you're able to find the information you need for your project.In summary, the best place to obtain an engine deck for a PT6a engine is from the manufacturer, Pratt & Whitney Canada. It may also be helpful to reach out to other professionals in the industry for assistance.
Aeroguy101
Does anyone know where to get an engine deck for a pt6a. I know a lot of that information is proprietary but i need one nevertheless. For those of you who don't know what an engine deck is. It gives you thrust specific fuel consumption and power lapse (thrust lapse is for a turbojet and a pt6a is a turboprop) for various altitudes, mach numbers, and throttle settings. I am in Aircraft Design and this is killing me.

Thanks,
Aeroguy

Physics news on Phys.org
If you mean the same as what we used to call "performance decks", the only official place to get them is the engine manufacturer. Pratt & Whitney Canada are still advertising the pt6a so if you have a legitimate need I would contact them directly.

NB the PWC website says there are "more than 65 models" of the engine with a wide range of power outputs, so your request will be more credible if you can be specific about what you actually want (and why you want it.)

Hi Aeroguy,

I'm not sure if you've already checked, but have you tried contacting the manufacturer of the PT6a engine? They would likely have the most accurate and up-to-date information on engine decks for their specific engine.

Another option could be to reach out to other aircraft design professionals or engineers in the industry who may have access to this information or be able to point you in the right direction. You could try networking through LinkedIn or other professional forums.

Good luck with your search!

Related to Anyone have (or know where to get) Pt6a engine deck?

1. What is a Pt6a engine deck?

A Pt6a engine deck is a type of aircraft engine that is commonly used in small turboprop planes. It is manufactured by Pratt & Whitney Canada and is known for its reliability and efficiency.

2. Where can I purchase a Pt6a engine deck?

You can purchase a Pt6a engine deck directly from Pratt & Whitney Canada or through authorized dealers. You may also be able to find used or refurbished engine decks through aviation marketplaces or from other aircraft owners.

3. How much does a Pt6a engine deck cost?

The cost of a Pt6a engine deck can vary depending on the specific model, age, and condition. On average, a new engine deck can cost anywhere from $200,000 to $700,000. Used or refurbished engine decks may be available for a lower cost.

4. What maintenance is required for a Pt6a engine deck?

Regular maintenance is crucial for ensuring the proper functioning of a Pt6a engine deck. This includes routine inspections, oil changes, and component replacements as recommended by the manufacturer. It is important to follow the maintenance schedule outlined in the engine's manual.

5. Can a Pt6a engine deck be used in different types of aircraft?

Yes, the Pt6a engine deck is a versatile engine that can be used in various types of aircraft, including turboprop planes, helicopters, and even certain unmanned aerial vehicles. However, it is important to consult with a certified mechanic or the manufacturer to ensure compatibility and make any necessary modifications.