Riddex Plus pest control device

In summary: WarrenI had a Degu in a cage and I put one of these in the basement of my home and the little degu went real silent. I had to unplug the unit - he returned to normal.
katndylan said:
... plus there are now substantial proven links of indoor pesticides to Children's Leukemia, Parkinson's disease, ADHD, and children's cognitive development.

Claims like this should be supported by links to peer-reviewed research here.

As for methods of eradicating rats and mice that won't exacerbate your son's asthma, good old snap traps will work, as will warfarin-containing baits (assuming you have places to put it or your child is old enough that he won't try eating it for himself).

For roaches, they themselves can exacerbate asthma. There are also pesticide baits for those that aren't aerosolized (i.e., not breathed in) that are good for households with asthmatics. Even if you have to go stay in a hotel for a weekend while the house is treated, it's better to get rid of roaches to alleviate asthma than to keep letting them thrive with less effective methods.

Physics news on Phys.org
katndylan said:
I have read the FTC ACTION against Riddex and I cannot believe the FTC is still allowing the advertising! DONT GIVE UP ON ELECTRONIC PEST CONTROL HOWEVER...I found a product called the that has NO FTC ACTIONS ad is the only product of its kind that did a 5 year University study to prove the efficacy on mice, rats, and roaches. I found this product whe researching chemical and pesticide free alternatives because my son has asthma and chemicals are a no-no, plus there are now substantial proven links of indoor pesticides to Children's Leukemia, Parkinson's disease, ADHD, and children's cognitive development.

This entire post reads like an advertisement. "Yelling" for effect; disparaging one product while promoting another; appeals to authorities without naming them -- the omnipresent capital U University at which there was a supposed "5 year study" but which university in which department for what, who knows. The scare tactics Bad Things Will Happen to Your Children!111! It's like a late-night infomercial.

Last edited by a moderator:
GeorginaS said:
This entire post reads like an advertisement. "Yelling" for effect; disparaging one product while promoting another; appeals to authorities without naming them -- the omnipresent capital U University at which there was a supposed "5 year study" but which university in which department for what, who knows. The scare tactics Bad Things Will Happen to Your Children!111! It's like a late-night infomercial.

you are correct, it is spam. typical pattern of one post made on the same day registered.

NO, no infomercial or spam..the test was done at Jacksonville State in Alabama by Mark E. Meade, PhD. Assistant Professor, Department of Biology and it was done on the behavior of mice, rats, and roaches when exposed to low intensity electromagnetic fields(LEMF).
I have a son with severe asthma and the company provided me with all the documentation because I care about protecting my child and my home andafter being duped by the Riddex product as a consumer, I was not going to makwe the same mistake twice...and for the record, I have not had to spray indoor in almost two years and we have avoided our monthly breathing treatments after pest control visits. Believe what you want. I tried it, I researched thoroughly, and I am very satisfied with the results

katndylan said:
NO, no infomercial or spam..the test was done at Jacksonville State in Alabama by Mark E. Meade, PhD. Assistant Professor, Department of Biology and it was done on the behavior of mice, rats, and roaches when exposed to low intensity electromagnetic fields(LEMF).
I have a son with severe asthma and the company provided me with all the documentation because I care about protecting my child and my home andafter being duped by the Riddex product as a consumer, I was not going to makwe the same mistake twice...and for the record, I have not had to spray indoor in almost two years and we have avoided our monthly breathing treatments after pest control visits. Believe what you want. I tried it, I researched thoroughly, and I am very satisfied with the results

Bold mine. The company self-reported to you. That's hardly impartial evidence.

The rest of what you've written is anecdotal evidence. I can make any claim I want on the Internet too. However, if you're happy with the product, then that's what counts.

please be sure to have accurate facts when you are quoting someone. the ftc has not prohibited the sale of these units, they have simply told the company that they cannot make claims without scientific proof. which if u do some checking you will find they (the FTC) says to anyone that is marketing/manufacturing a product that they cannot control.

informercials makes everything sound or look too good to be true. That is their purpose. I agree with others, do research before using or buying a product that is unknown.

Most of you are scientists with laboratories. Have any of you experimented with this electronic pest control device? If so, please give me a link to your lab results. My boss wants me to place them in our company offices instead of using pesticides.

Thank you and looking forward to reading your lab results.

newbie to forum

The general experiment with these devices is to buy one, see if it works. Doubt there'd be much in the way of lab results. To get those you'd need to go to the companies themselves.

numbersguy said:
If so, please give me a link to your lab results. My boss wants me to place them in our company offices instead of using pesticides.

I'm getting a mental picture of some rodents reading the lab results pinned to your office notice board and saying "OMG, we'd better get outta here real fast..." :smile:

<h2>1. How does the Riddex Plus pest control device work?</h2><p>The Riddex Plus pest control device emits ultrasonic waves and electromagnetic pulses that are designed to repel pests such as rodents and insects. These waves and pulses interfere with the pests' nervous system, making it uncomfortable for them to stay in the area.</p><h2>2. Is the Riddex Plus pest control device safe for humans and pets?</h2><p>Yes, the Riddex Plus pest control device is safe for humans and pets. It does not use any harmful chemicals or poisons and works by emitting non-toxic waves and pulses. However, it is recommended to keep the device out of reach of children and pets.</p><h2>3. How long does it take for the Riddex Plus pest control device to be effective?</h2><p>The effectiveness of the Riddex Plus pest control device may vary depending on the type and severity of infestation. In some cases, it may take a few days to a few weeks for the device to show visible results. It is important to keep the device plugged in continuously for best results.</p><h2>4. Can the Riddex Plus pest control device be used in all areas of the house?</h2><p>Yes, the Riddex Plus pest control device can be used in all areas of the house. It is recommended to plug in the device in the room where the pest problem is most severe. However, for maximum coverage, it is also recommended to use multiple devices in different areas of the house.</p><h2>5. Do I need to replace the Riddex Plus pest control device?</h2><p>No, the Riddex Plus pest control device does not need to be replaced. It is designed to be a long-term solution for pest control. However, it is recommended to replace the device every 3-5 years to ensure maximum effectiveness.</p>

1. How does the Riddex Plus pest control device work?

The Riddex Plus pest control device emits ultrasonic waves and electromagnetic pulses that are designed to repel pests such as rodents and insects. These waves and pulses interfere with the pests' nervous system, making it uncomfortable for them to stay in the area.

2. Is the Riddex Plus pest control device safe for humans and pets?

Yes, the Riddex Plus pest control device is safe for humans and pets. It does not use any harmful chemicals or poisons and works by emitting non-toxic waves and pulses. However, it is recommended to keep the device out of reach of children and pets.

3. How long does it take for the Riddex Plus pest control device to be effective?

The effectiveness of the Riddex Plus pest control device may vary depending on the type and severity of infestation. In some cases, it may take a few days to a few weeks for the device to show visible results. It is important to keep the device plugged in continuously for best results.

4. Can the Riddex Plus pest control device be used in all areas of the house?

Yes, the Riddex Plus pest control device can be used in all areas of the house. It is recommended to plug in the device in the room where the pest problem is most severe. However, for maximum coverage, it is also recommended to use multiple devices in different areas of the house.

5. Do I need to replace the Riddex Plus pest control device?

No, the Riddex Plus pest control device does not need to be replaced. It is designed to be a long-term solution for pest control. However, it is recommended to replace the device every 3-5 years to ensure maximum effectiveness.