Baez week #207 is out (Dublin GR17 report)

• Thread starter marcus
  • Start date
  • Tags
In summary, the conversation discusses a link to a website containing a conversation about Stephen Hawking's work and a recent memoir by Sasha Polyakov on topics such as spontaneous symmetry breaking and gauge/string/space-time correspondence. The second part of the article includes comments, opinions, and conjectures, and the speaker is impressed with Polyakov's work and plans to purchase the book "Fifty Years of Yang-Mills Theory."
Physics news on Phys.org
Or read it right here on PF: :smile:

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=36781

- Warren

chroot said:
Or read it right here on PF: :smile:

Right you are! I first read it on PF, in fact. But the indentation
showing which blocks were direct quotes from hawking showed
up clearly in the original at Baez website so I decided to link to that. It is a
real convenience, I must say to have SPR readily available at PF!

BTW a piece that came out recently and should be of special interest to String Theory watchers was a memoir
by Sasha Polyakov

http://arxiv.org/hep-th/0407209

Confinement and Liberation
A. M. Polyakov
20 pages

"This is a review of topics which haunted me for the last 40 years, starting with spontaneous symmetry breaking and ending with gauge/string/space-time correspondence. While the first part of this article is mostly historical, the second contains some comments, opinions and conjectures which are new. This work is prepared for the volume ' Fifty Years of the Yang- Mills Theory' "

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been going through Polyakov's memoir, pointed to it by Peter Woit's link, and I am deeply impressed with the man and his work. That book "Fifty Years of Yang-Mills Theory" is going to be a must-buy. Imagine having the collected technical reminiscences of the Argonauts!

1. What is Baez week #207?

Baez week #207 refers to the 207th week of the Baez lab's research project. The Baez lab is a group of scientists based in Dublin who specialize in GR17, a type of genetic modification.

2. What is the Dublin GR17 report?

The Dublin GR17 report is a summary of the findings and progress made by the Baez lab during week #207 of their research. It includes data, analysis, and conclusions related to their work with GR17.

3. What is GR17?

GR17 is a type of genetic modification that has been developed and studied by the Baez lab. It involves altering the genetic makeup of an organism in order to achieve certain desired traits or outcomes.

4. What were the main findings of Baez week #207?

The main findings of Baez week #207, as reported in the Dublin GR17 report, vary depending on the specific focus of the research. However, some common themes may include the effectiveness of GR17 in achieving the desired modifications, any potential side effects or limitations, and potential applications of GR17 in various industries.

5. What implications does Baez week #207 have for the future of GR17 research?

Baez week #207 and the Dublin GR17 report may have various implications for the future of GR17 research. This could include potential areas for further study, potential collaborations with other scientists or industries, and potential ethical considerations for the use of GR17. However, these implications may continue to evolve as the Baez lab's research progresses.