Question: Time in Zero Velocity as Opposed to Light-Speed

In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of time slowing down as velocity approaches light-speed and the question of what happens when velocity reaches absolute zero. The individual also mentions a formula or topic related to this subject that they would appreciate being shared. It is also mentioned that this topic has already been explored with Galilean transformation.
TalEly
Hello everyone,
Since it is well as established that time moves slowly as the velocity approaches light-speed, what happens when velocity "aspires" (not sure this is the correct phrase, as I'm translating directly from my native language) to an absolute zero?
If there's a formula or another topic which regards the same subject it will be most appreciated.
Thank you very much!
Good day to you all!

Science news on Phys.org
TalEly said:
Hello everyone,
Since it is well as established that time moves slowly as the velocity approaches light-speed, what happens when velocity "aspires" (not sure this is the correct phrase, as I'm translating directly from my native language) to an absolute zero?
If there's a formula or another topic which regards the same subject it will be most appreciated.
Thank you very much!
Good day to you all!

Why is this a problem or unknown? We already about Galilean transformation!

Zz.

TalEly said:
Why not examine the same 'formula' that tells you how time 'slows down' at high speed and see what happens when the speed is zero?

1. What is zero velocity?

Zero velocity refers to an object or particle that is not moving or has no speed. In physics, velocity is defined as the rate of change of an object's position over time. Therefore, zero velocity means there is no change in an object's position over time, indicating that it is not moving.

2. How is time measured in zero velocity?

In zero velocity, time is measured the same way as in any other scenario. Time is a fundamental physical quantity that is measured using a clock or other time-keeping device. In the absence of any motion, the clock will still tick at a constant rate, and time will continue to pass. However, in zero velocity, there will be no change in an object's position, so the time measured will not show any change in distance or displacement.

3. What is light-speed?

Light-speed, also known as the speed of light, is the fastest speed at which energy, information, or matter can travel. In a vacuum, light travels at a constant speed of approximately 299,792,458 meters per second. This speed is considered to be the maximum speed in the universe and is used as a fundamental constant in many equations in physics.

4. How does time behave at light-speed?

According to Einstein's theory of relativity, time behaves differently at light-speed. As an object approaches the speed of light, time appears to slow down for that object as perceived by an observer. This phenomenon is known as time dilation, and it means that time moves slower for objects that are moving at high speeds compared to stationary objects.

5. Is it possible for an object to have zero velocity and travel at light-speed at the same time?

No, it is not possible for an object to have zero velocity and travel at light-speed simultaneously. In order for an object to travel at light-speed, it must have a non-zero velocity. Furthermore, if an object has zero velocity, it means it is not moving at all, so it cannot also be traveling at the fastest speed in the universe.