Remote Control Airbus Plane - Fun Mansion

• Thread starter Danger
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Batteries
In summary, Ivan was discussing the new Airbus with another user and caught a typo. They marveled at the plane and Ivan mentioned that he is a Boeing man because they help to put food on his table. They also talked about model planes and Ivan said that the size limit for an aeroplane is 500lbs. They then talked about the real jet engines and Ivan said that you don't need batteries. He then went on to talk about how big the Airbus is and how it must be transported. He also mentioned how someone built a real airliner and it had to be under 500lbs. They then talked about how someone lost an airplane in the woods and how it was ruined by thorns.
Danger
Gold Member
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Danger said:
Hey, Ivan... since you were the one all goo-goo over the new Airbus, check this out. :biggrin:
http://www.funmansion.com/html/Airbus-Remote-Control-Plane.html"

Oh crap... how do I edit the title? I just caught a typo. :grumpy:

AIRBUS!?! I'm a Boeing man! For one, they help to put food on my table. :biggrin:

I'll fix the typo.

Thanks, Ivan. Weren't you the one who started the 'Damn, that's a big plane!' thread a while back? :confused:

Hmmmm, could be... I am definitely a low grade aviation buff.

Did you see Cyrus' post showing the model B52 in flight? I think it was in the Youtube classics.

These people spend some serious bucks on this stuff. Incredible!

Didn't see that thread (or maybe couldn't get the link to work; I can't see the video on this one). I'll try to find it, and check it out on the Mac later. It usually downloads videos that this work PC won't.

That's a beautiful thing. There's a lot of blood, sweat and tears in there.

That B-52 video (the crash video) is a tough one to watch. It's cool to see that the scaled version suffered from the same problem the real ones have.

Hmmmppphhh... :grumpy: Can't view the video on the Mac either.
Anyhow, I can't help wondering if, with a properly located cockpit carved out, that thing would be capable of carrying a pilot. :uhh:

Danger said:
Hmmmppphhh... :grumpy: Can't view the video on the Mac either.
Anyhow, I can't help wondering if, with a properly located cockpit carved out, that thing would be capable of carrying a pilot. :uhh:
Video? I'll guess you mean it's a wmv, or "windows media video." In that case, you can view it anytime without too much trouble or anything different, you just have to install this free plugin:
http://www.flip4mac.com/wmv_download.htm

The video on the page you linked to in the original post says 404 error, which means that the video was removed from the website or moved to another location.

Last edited:
Thanks, mk, but I've already got flip4mac and an upgrade for it that I just downloaded today. It might have been removed, since I get the video frame but with no control panel.

Here you go guys ;-)

This thing is amazing. :eek: I wonder how they transport it.

dontdisturbmycircles said:
I wonder how they transport it.

Probably something like a boat trailer or flatdeck. I imagine that the wings come off.
Thanks for that link, Circles. It played just fine.
A question comes to mind, though. I've never been involved with model planes (couldn't afford it). Do any of you guys know if there's some specific size that limits when one of them is legally defined as an aeroplane (or drone, or whatever) as opposed to a model? This sucker is bigger than a BD5.

Here you go guys ;-)

that one must have cost them a pretty penny...

Theres a german guy who builds big scale RC airliners. Its probably his.

PS, those are real jet engines. You don't need batteries. You need Jet A1, 1-K kerosene.

Last edited:
Here you go guys ;-)

The wings and empennage bolt into place.

Danger said:
Probably something like a boat trailer or flatdeck. I imagine that the wings come off.
Thanks for that link, Circles. It played just fine.
A question comes to mind, though. I've never been involved with model planes (couldn't afford it). Do any of you guys know if there's some specific size that limits when one of them is legally defined as an aeroplane (or drone, or whatever) as opposed to a model? This sucker is bigger than a BD5.

I think it has to be under 500lbs in the States.

cyrusabdollahi said:
I think it has to be under 500lbs in the States.
I hope that there's some wing dimensioning involved in that as well; otherwise, I'm illegally flying my El Camino through the mud bogs. :biggrin:

Danger said:
I hope that there's some wing dimensioning involved in that as well; otherwise, I'm illegally flying my El Camino through the mud bogs. :biggrin:

Man, speaking of mud bogs. I lost an airplane in the woods today near a lake. I went to retrieve it in shorts. The brush was thick and full of thorns. My let's got cut everywhere and when I stepped down my shoes went shuckkkkkkkkkkkkkk right into the mud. Ruined my shoes and cut my legs all over. I was pissed when I got home.

You've been flying for how long, and you've already lost an aeroplane? And how the hell did you manage to bail out of a 150 before losing it? (At least, we never carried chutes when I was flying them.)
Of course, you're being pissed probably had something to do with it. Up here, we have to be sober the same as for driving.

It was a model airplane smart - fill in the blank- :wink:.

And I don't fly 150's. I fly 172/182's. A 150 is just a model airplane with people inside of it.

Cessna 150 shown in actual size:

http://www.aero-sports.com/whplans/cessna150.jpg

/sarcasm.

Last edited:
:biggrin:

I can't argue with that. My knees still hurt when I think about cramming myself into that flying Volkswagon.

1. What is a "Remote Control Airbus Plane - Fun Mansion"?

The "Remote Control Airbus Plane - Fun Mansion" is a toy aircraft that can be controlled remotely using a remote control. It is designed to look like an Airbus plane and has additional features that resemble a mansion.

2. How does the remote control work?

The remote control uses radio frequency signals to communicate with the aircraft. When you press a button on the remote, it sends a signal to the receiver on the aircraft, which then carries out the corresponding action.

3. What age group is this toy suitable for?

This toy is suitable for children aged 8 and above. However, younger children can also play with adult supervision.

4. Can the "Remote Control Airbus Plane - Fun Mansion" be used indoors?

Yes, this toy can be used both indoors and outdoors. However, it is recommended to use it in a wide open space to avoid any accidents or damage to property.

5. Do I need any prior experience to operate this toy?

No, this toy comes with a user manual that explains how to operate it. It is also designed for easy use, making it suitable for beginners and experienced users alike.