Do Pet Songs and Nicknames Enhance Bonding with Your Pets?

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    pet
In summary, pet owners often give their pets multiple nicknames, sometimes even songs, as a way to show affection and bond with them. These nicknames can be variations of their original names or completely different names altogether. It is a common secret among pet owners, and even adopted pets can acquire new nicknames from their owners. The nicknames show the special bond and love between pet and owner.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Do you have pet names for you pets? This is something Tsu and I started doing years ago and it just stuck. Now our oldest pet, a nearly 15 year old orange Tabby named Einstein, also responds to little tike [big purr!], little sh't, little buddy, little pal, little butt, Einey, Einenysteiney, buddy, and about half a dozen more.

And here is our really dirty secret: Some of our pet gets their own song.

For example, this was the song for our beloved and departed Mr. Dirt; sung to the tune of the Grinch song from Dr. Seuss

You're a sleezebag Mr. Dirt
and you really are a terd
you are fat and you are lazy
and you simply drive me crazy
Mr. Diirrrrrrrrrerrrrrt!

Physics news on Phys.org
My 3 of my guinea pigs I adopted. They were already named Hazelnut, Hermione and Chestnut. Thanks to my brother, they have now adopted the nicknames Onion, Horse and Bum-eyes.
Any contorted variation on their original or new names, or on "guinea pig" is also acceptable.

{dog}Foxy Lady... FOX-Z Babah, Fox-a-rue, wiggle butt and Miss licker-kisser.

You know she's a sweet little heart breaker{foxy lady}
I know she's a sweet little lick maker {foxy lady}
She wants to chew a bone{oh yea} she won't do it no wrong
I GOT to get that tongue{its mine} awwwwww Foxy lady.

Cat}Mister Thadious VonPoof... Mister Love
Who enjoys various renditions of..I'm just a love machine. {and I don't hump on nobody but you}

{cat} Moonshadow...moonie or sum-young moonie
Cat Steven's Moonshadow, with miner changes...if you ever loose your wiskers, I won't laugh and I won't snicker

1. What are some popular pet names?

Some popular pet names include Max, Bella, Charlie, Lucy, and Daisy.

2. Are there any songs about pets?

Yes, there are many songs about pets, such as "Who Let the Dogs Out" by Baha Men, "Eye of the Tiger" by Survivor, and "Hound Dog" by Elvis Presley.

3. What are some unique pet names?

Some unique pet names include Pixel, Misty, Koda, Luna, and Gizmo.

4. Can pets understand their names?

Yes, pets can learn to recognize and respond to their names through training and repetition.

5. How do I choose the perfect pet name?

There are many ways to choose the perfect pet name, such as considering the pet's appearance, personality, or a special meaning to you. It's important to choose a name that you and your pet both love.

Back