Barbie and Ken are separating after 43 yrs of friendship

• Thread starter Monique
  • Start date
In summary, Mattel has announced that they will be ending the 43-year relationship between Barbie and Ken due to Ken's reluctance to get married and Barbie's busy schedule. They will be introducing a new model, Cali Girl, which has caused controversy about the message it sends to children. The conversation also touches on the unrealistic body proportions of Barbie and the love triangle between Barbie, Ken, and GI Joe.
Monique
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Is this just a lame article, or is this really a business stunt?? I read in my newspaper today that Mattel is going to break the '43 year relationship' of Barbie and Ken, because of Ken's reluctance to get married, while Barbie is always walking around in wedding dresses, also her busy schedule has put a strain on the relation (so it reads).

Apparently they are coming out with a new model: Cali Girl. If this publicity is real: what message are they sending to children!??

http://www2.telegraaf.nl/multimedia/archive/00246/BarbieenKen_246261c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Is Cali-Girl going to marry Barbie or Ken? What will happen to Ken? he will just fade away because he lived on Barbie's fame. She will rob him of every penny he has. Maybe it was because he had no genitals...

Ken sustained 43 years of marriage with Barbie with no genitals. wow. I doubt that would ever happen in real life.

i wonder if they ever told the people at Mattel that Barbie and Ken were plastic...

The people at Mattel have been living with Barbie and Ken for so long that their minds have become subject to large amounts of distortion. They think plastic, therefore they cannot discern the difference between plastic and real. That probably explains their infaturation with them.

There is a love triangle, GI Joe is the reason behind all this. He's a Hero, he's packing heat and much more muscle bound than Ken..they've been carrying on an affair ever since Barbie first saw him in his Marine Corps dress blues.

How come GI Joes have no balls yet carry enough firepower to level a third-world village? I think I just answered my question.

What caused Barbie and Ken's separation?

It is not clear what caused Barbie and Ken's separation. They have not publicly shared the reason for their separation.

How long have Barbie and Ken been friends?

Barbie and Ken have been friends for 43 years. They first met in 1961 when they were introduced as Barbie's boyfriend in the "Barbie and Ken" line of dolls.

Is this the end of Barbie and Ken's relationship?

It is not clear if this is the end of Barbie and Ken's relationship. They have not announced any plans to reconcile or continue their friendship.

Will Barbie and Ken still be seen together in public?

It is not known if Barbie and Ken will continue to appear together in public. However, as separate entities, they may continue to make appearances on their own.

What impact will this separation have on the Barbie and Ken brand?

It is uncertain what impact this separation will have on the Barbie and Ken brand. It is possible that they may continue to be marketed as individual characters or their relationship may be redefined in some way.

Back