Planking is finished The new thing is

• Thread starter jtbell
  • Start date
In summary, owling is finished! The new thing is potato chipping. People will cover their bodies with salt and vinegar, maybe some cracked pepper or salsa, while baking in the sun on a hot beach. Vulturing is better than owling. That woman doesn't remind me of an owl.
jtbell
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
"Planking" is finished! The new thing is...

"Owling":

http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/web/07/21/owling.meme/index.html

Actually, I think I'd prefer "vulturing":

SnoopyVulture.jpg

Physics news on Phys.org

Next will come...

Potato chipping! People will cover their bodies with salt and vinegar, maybe some cracked pepper or salsa, while baking in the sun on a hot beach.

Vulturing is better than owling. That woman doesn't remind me of an owl.

Mmmmm, chipping sounds good, I'm hungry now.

Evo said:
Vulturing is better than owling. That woman doesn't remind me of an owl.

Mmmmm, chipping sounds good, I'm hungry now.

Uh, that's a guy.

er, I hope it's a guy. Unless that's what owling does to you. Something related to ogling, perhaps.

Newai said:
Uh, that's a guy.

er, I hope it's a guy. Unless that's what owling does to you. Something related to ogling, perhaps.
Oh no, scroll down, there's a picture of Hillary Duff.

Nope. My browser isn't showing any pictures other than the guy sitting on that poor woman's head. But at least it's good to know you're seeing things right, because having read about your experiences, get a little worried, lol.

Where have you been? Owling is so last week. I'm into 'sitting' now. That's where you bend your body at the hips and knees and rest your butt on something sturdy. Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits.

I am going to skleep from now on standing up. Thet said the guy died lying down.

The word "meme" is starting to be bastardized to mean "fad".

pigeoning more like. and look like a plonker.

What's wrong with people?

Pengwuino said:
What's wrong with people?
Soon people will be "pengwuining".

Evo said:
Soon people will be "pengwuining".

That's what guys do whenever they put on a tuxedo. :yuck:

jtbell said:
that's what guys do whenever they put on a tuxedo. :yuck:
lol!

I am going to start the "catting" trend. I'll go up to people who don't like me and try to sit in their laps.

Math Is Hard said:
I am going to start the "catting" trend. I'll go up to people who don't like me and try to sit in their laps.
I can't imagine anyone turning you down!

Math Is Hard said:
Hmmmm. Did I ever happen to mention I don't like you?

Watch out for those claws! :eek:

I ran across this today and thought of this thread.

[PLAIN]http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lo96xrmuFe1qzfx39o1_r2_500.png

Last edited by a moderator:

What is "Planking is finished The new thing is"?

"Planking is finished The new thing is" refers to a viral internet trend from 2011 where people would take pictures of themselves lying face down in unusual or humorous locations.

Why did planking become popular?

Planking became popular due to the rise of social media and the ability to easily share photos online. It also became a way for people to show off their creativity and sense of humor.

Why is planking no longer popular?

Planking lost popularity due to the fact that it became overdone and repetitive. It also received criticism for being potentially dangerous and causing injuries.

What is the "new thing" after planking?

The "new thing" after planking refers to various new internet trends that have gained popularity since 2011, such as the Ice Bucket Challenge, the Mannequin Challenge, and the Harlem Shake.

Can planking be considered a scientific phenomenon?

No, planking is not a scientific phenomenon. It is simply a social trend that gained popularity due to the internet and human behavior. However, it could be studied from a sociological or psychological perspective.