Acknowledgment of recent thanks

• Thread starter Mark44
  • Start date
In summary, several PF members have expressed their gratitude for the help they have received by clicking the "Thanks" button and leaving a few words of appreciation. This gesture has not gone unnoticed and is greatly appreciated by those who take the time and effort to answer members' questions. There is also a discussion about adding a "You're Welcome" button to further acknowledge appreciation. One member has suggested a way to incorporate this functionality into the existing "Thanks" button. Overall, there is a sense of gratitude and politeness among PF members.
Several PF members whom I've helped in the past few weeks have been thoughtful in clicking the "Thanks" button for my efforts. Most have also taken the time to write a few words along with their thanks.

I really appreciate it, and I'm sure that any others who put in the time and effort to answer members' questions will appreciate that gesture as well.

I just wanted to let you all know that your tokens of appreciation have not gone unnoticed.

Thank you!

Mark44

Likes 1 person
Physics news on Phys.org
Greg, I think we need a "You're Welcome" button.

lisab said:
Greg, I think we need a "You're Welcome" button.

And then a "Thanks for your Your Welcome" button.

I'll save us a few posts with:
"And then we'll need a [itex]
\text{Thanks for } \prod_{i = 1}^N \text{your} \text{ Your Welcome}[/itex] button."

Likes 1 person
jhae2.718 said:

\text{Thanks for } \prod_{i = 1}^N \text{your} \text{ Your Welcome}[/itex] button."

Awesome. :thumbs:

jhae2.718 said:

Actually, that did occur to me.

The only thing that stopped me from posting exactly the same idea was the lack of a good wording.

If we assume everyone is maximally polite, but that each round of thanks is marginally less sincere than the previous one then that entire functionality can be encapsulated in the existing button. Replace the "Thanks" button with one labelled [tex]\text{Thanks} + \frac{\text{"You're welcome"}}{1-\text{Thanks for your}}[/tex] and change the PF rules to require maximal politeness and you're done.

Likes 1 person
Excellent idea! We'll get right on that!

What is the purpose of an acknowledgment of recent thanks?

The purpose of an acknowledgment of recent thanks is to express gratitude and appreciation towards someone who has recently shown kindness, support, or assistance.

When is it appropriate to send an acknowledgment of recent thanks?

An acknowledgment of recent thanks is appropriate in situations where someone has gone out of their way to help you, provided you with a gift or kind gesture, or offered support during a difficult time.

What should be included in an acknowledgment of recent thanks?

An acknowledgment of recent thanks should include a heartfelt message expressing your gratitude, specific details about what you are thanking the person for, and any other personal touches that will make the message more meaningful.

How should an acknowledgment of recent thanks be delivered?

An acknowledgment of recent thanks can be delivered in person, through a handwritten note, or via email or text message. The delivery method should be chosen based on the relationship with the person and the circumstances of the thank you.

Is it necessary to send an acknowledgment of recent thanks?

While it is not always necessary, sending an acknowledgment of recent thanks is a polite and thoughtful gesture that can make someone feel appreciated and valued. It is also a great way to maintain and strengthen relationships with others.