What physical changes would improve human abilities and comfort?

• Thread starter matthyaouw
  • Start date
In summary: It would also be nice to have a healing factor, but I'm not sure that would be a big enough advantage to justify the extra power and complexity.In summary, if I had the ability to turn off certain thought patterns, be ambidextrous, have improved memory, and memory recall, wings would be nice, but I don't know that I'd want the hollow bones and stuff needed to make one light enough for flight. I'd kill for that benefit. Full-spectrum vision would be nice, but I'm not sure that would be a big enough advantage to justify the extra power and complexity.
matthyaouw
Gold Member
...what physical changes would you make to humans and why?
(I beg you, please try to keep suggestions at least half-sensible)

It always annoys me that when I cycle in cold weather, I am too warm from the exertion, and yet my hands are freezing. I'd give the part of the brain that controls thermoregulation the ability to compensate for temperature differences around the body. If the body is too warm but the hands and face too cold, then rather than divert blood away from the extremities, making them colder and the rest of the body warmer, it is fed towards them so that they are warmed and the blood flowing back to the warm areas is cooled. Problem solved!

Physics news on Phys.org
matthyaouw said:
...what physical changes would you make to humans and why?
(I beg you, please try to keep suggestions at least half-sensible)
It always annoys me that when I cycle in cold weather, I am too warm from the exertion, and yet my hands are freezing. I'd give the part of the brain that controls thermoregulation the ability to compensate for temperature differences around the body. If the body is too warm but the hands and face too cold, then rather than divert blood away from the extremities, making them colder and the rest of the body warmer, it is fed towards them so that they are warmed and the blood flowing back to the warm areas is cooled. Problem solved!

This is very hard but part of the answer, be able to turn off certain thought
patterns in the brain at will, make feet as useful as hands.

Last edited:
Make both sides of the body work equally well.
If it wasn't for my left foot, god knows what a striker i would have been in fotball.:wink:

EL said:
Make both sides of the body work equally well.
If it wasn't for my left foot, god knows what a striker i would have been in fotball.:wink:

Good one. I'd love to be ambidextrous

I would give us improved memory, and memory recall.
I spent 30 minutes looking something up, only to find that I knew all about...some 10 years ago:grumpy:

make circular breathing easier

I'd kill for that benefit.

Wings would be nice (in addition to arms, not in place of), but I don't know that I'd want the hollow bones and stuff needed to make one light enough for flight. Wouldn't mind full-spectrum vision, either. That would have to be deliberately selectable, so as not to be overwhelmed by CMB, gamma bursters, CNN, etc.. A lot more strength (Spider-Man class:tongue: ) would eliminate the need for a lot of expensive tools such as impact guns, engine hoists, and the like.

What is a creator god?

A creator god is a deity believed to have created the world and all living beings in it. They are often viewed as all-powerful and all-knowing beings who shaped the universe and continue to govern it.

What are some examples of creator gods?

Some examples of creator gods include Zeus in Greek mythology, Brahma in Hinduism, and Yahweh in Christianity.

What are the beliefs surrounding a creator god?

The beliefs surrounding a creator god vary among different religions and cultures. Some may believe that the creator god is responsible for everything that exists, while others may believe in multiple creator gods with different roles and responsibilities.

What is the purpose of a creator god?

The purpose of a creator god is often to explain the origins of the universe and provide a sense of meaning and purpose in life. They may also serve as a moral authority and guide for believers.

Do all religions believe in a creator god?

No, not all religions believe in a creator god. Some belief systems, such as Buddhism, do not have a specific creator deity and focus more on individual spiritual growth and enlightenment.