Greene's New Book: Reviews & Worth Picking Up

• Thread starter Peter Pan
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Book
In summary, the conversation is about author Greene's new book and whether it is worth picking up. The participants have different opinions, with one person finding it easy to read and another stating that it is not as good as his previous book. The book takes a different approach from his previous work and focuses on explaining scientific concepts rather than a specific theory.
Peter Pan
Has anyone started or finished greene's new book? What did you think? Is it worth picking up?

Physics news on Phys.org
Greene is able to achieve a wonderful state of equilibrium in his books, in my opinion; it's not excessively layman in that it leaves those familiar with the material without reverance, and it's casual enough that you can almost read it like many would a novel. It doesn't read like Feynman, but it doesn't read like Dan Brown either.

Of course, the above is my opinion of The Elegant Universe, so it's possible his new book abberrated from this preferred (by me) state of equilibrum.

I bave read about half of the book, and I think it is excellent. The book is easy to read, in fact I think that it is easier to read than The Elegant Universe.

I started reading "The Fabric of the Cosmos", but it seemed like a lot of re-iteration of that which was already explained in "The Elegant Universe", so I put it down. Krazie, when you finish it, tell us how well you like it, and maybe I'll pick it up again.

different than elegant universe

elegant universe was a lot better than this book he took very different path's in the next book and just didn't gel like the first. but still a good book much better than many other writers today.

I'm reading it now. It has a different purpose than "Elegant". Rather than explicating a given theory he is trying to show what science is saying and can say about the basic questions of time, space, causality, realism, and so on. He is very frank when he states his own opinion but gives you end notes with other scientists' contrasting opinions.

Related to Greene's New Book: Reviews & Worth Picking Up

1. What is the main premise of Greene's New Book?

Greene's New Book is a collection of reviews and recommendations for books across various genres. It aims to help readers find their next great read by providing insightful and unbiased reviews.

2. Who is the target audience for Greene's New Book?

The target audience for Greene's New Book is anyone who loves to read and is looking for new book recommendations. It is suitable for readers of all ages and interests.

3. How does Greene decide which books to review in his new book?

Greene chooses books to review based on his own personal reading experiences and recommendations from trusted sources. He also considers popular and critically acclaimed books to ensure a diverse selection for readers.

4. Are the reviews in Greene's New Book unbiased?

Yes, the reviews in Greene's New Book are unbiased. Greene strives to provide honest and objective reviews of each book, highlighting both its strengths and weaknesses.

5. Can I trust the recommendations in Greene's New Book?

Yes, you can trust the recommendations in Greene's New Book. Greene carefully selects each book and provides thorough reviews to help readers make informed decisions. Ultimately, the choices are up to the individual reader's preferences.