Electric Power Systems book recommendation

In summary, the conversation was about an individual looking for a book recommendation on Electric Power Systems. They wanted a book that covers components of a power system, control of power and frequency, control of voltage and reactive power, load flow, faults, protections, and is up to date. They also prefer a single book and a softcover if possible.
Episki
Summary:: Electric Power Systems book recommendation

Hi everyone, I finished my Electrical Engineering degree 15 years ago and wanted to refresh/review/update my knowledge on Electrical Power Systems.

I'm looking for a book recommendation that has: components of a power system, control of Power and Frequency, Control of Voltage and Reactive Power, Load Flow, faults, protections, etc.

I'd like something up to date and, if possible, everything included in 1 book.

It would be helpful for example something that they recommend now for undergrad students on Electric Power Systems at universities.

I'm all ears for recommendations!

Thanks everyone!

PS: Softcover if possible...

Physics news on Phys.org
Sorry, my recommendations are too old.

Power System Analysis & Design by Glover, Sarma, Overbye, is one text I used in my early Graduate studies. It doesn't cover all of your requirements though. However, you can find older editions fairly reasonable.

1. What are the best books for beginners in electric power systems?

There are several books that are recommended for beginners in electric power systems, including "Electric Power Systems: A Conceptual Introduction" by Alexandra von Meier, "Electric Power Systems: A First Course" by Ned Mohan, and "Power System Analysis and Design" by J. Duncan Glover.

2. Are there any books that cover both theory and practical applications in electric power systems?

Yes, there are several books that cover both theory and practical applications in electric power systems, such as "Electric Power Systems: Analysis and Control" by Fabio Saccomanno, "Electric Power Systems: A Practical Guide for Non-Technical Professionals" by Steven W. Blume, and "Electric Power Systems: Advanced Forecasting Techniques and Optimal Generation Scheduling" by João P. S. Catalão.

3. What are some good reference books for advanced topics in electric power systems?

Some recommended reference books for advanced topics in electric power systems include "Electric Power Systems: Analysis and Control" by Fabio Saccomanno, "Power System Analysis and Design" by J. Duncan Glover, and "Electric Power Systems: A Practical Guide for Non-Technical Professionals" by Steven W. Blume.

4. Are there any books that focus specifically on renewable energy in electric power systems?

Yes, there are several books that focus specifically on renewable energy in electric power systems, such as "Renewable Energy Integration: Practical Management of Variability, Uncertainty, and Flexibility in Power Grids" by Lawrence E. Jones, "Renewable Energy Systems: A Smart Energy Systems Approach to the Choice and Modeling of 100% Renewable Solutions" by Henrik Lund, and "Renewable and Efficient Electric Power Systems" by Gilbert M. Masters.

5. Can you recommend any books that cover the latest advancements and technologies in electric power systems?

Some books that cover the latest advancements and technologies in electric power systems include "Smart Grid: Fundamentals of Design and Analysis" by James Momoh, "Power System Control and Stability" by Paul M. Anderson, and "Electric Power Systems: Advanced Forecasting Techniques and Optimal Generation Scheduling" by João P. S. Catalão.