Magnetic flux generated by a motor coil

In summary, the conversation discusses the topic of calculating magnetic flux generated by a motor coil, specifically with and without an iron core. The use of equations such as B=(mu)NI/H and the concept of the magnetic field of a current carrying solenoid are mentioned, with additional resources provided for further learning. The possibility of using Bio Savart law to visualize the magnetic field surrounding the coils is also mentioned.
sebitab
Hi,
I am not so good with magnetic equations and I am needing some advice in how to start to calculate the magnetic flux generated by a motor coil.

Finally I want to be able to calculate the magnetic flux generated with and without the iron core of each coil in the motor.

I will appreciate all information, help and links to learn about the matter.

Physics news on Phys.org
how about the magnetic field of a current carrying solenoid .
B=(mu)NI/H (Mu)=permeability constant N= number of turns
I= current H=height
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solenoid
flux=BAcos(x)
where A= cross sectional area.
Is this what your getting at .

Thanks for your answer. But if I want to draw the magnetic field surrounding the coils and the collaboration between them canceling or summing force, It is correct if I do this with Bio Savart law?

What is magnetic flux?

Magnetic flux is a measure of the amount of magnetic field passing through a given area. It is represented by the symbol Φ and is measured in units of webers (Wb).

What is a motor coil?

A motor coil is a coil of wire that is used to create electromagnetic fields. It is typically made of many turns of insulated copper wire and is an essential component of an electric motor.

How is magnetic flux generated by a motor coil?

Magnetic flux is generated by a motor coil through the process of electromagnetic induction. When an electric current flows through the coil, it creates a magnetic field around the coil. This magnetic field then interacts with other magnetic fields, such as those in the motor's permanent magnets, to produce motion.

What factors affect the strength of magnetic flux generated by a motor coil?

The strength of magnetic flux generated by a motor coil is affected by several factors, including the number of turns in the coil, the amount of current flowing through the coil, and the presence of other magnetic fields.

How is the strength of magnetic flux measured?

The strength of magnetic flux can be measured using a device called a magnetometer, which can detect and measure the strength of magnetic fields. The unit of measurement for magnetic flux density is tesla (T) or gauss (G).