Haunted Places This is a true story

• Thread starter timejim
  • Start date
In summary: As we started to leave, we heard a faint scream coming from the area where the skeleton was. We turned around and saw nothing.In summary, a group of people went exploring an area on the Queen Mary that wasn't supposed to be accessed and found a human skeleton. They then heard a scream coming from the area and turned around to see nothing.
timejim
I work on a part time basis for our local Parks and Recreation since my retirement seven years ago. Yesterday, one of our newer employees asked me if I have heard the "children's voices" at our "C" facility, whic consists of a large recreation meeting room and BB Gymnasium. I said no, tell me about it. He said that twice in the last several months, when he was there by himself after dark he heard "children's" voices coming from the hallway adjoining the office. He was the only one there as all the scheduled activities had ended an hour earlier. He stated he got up to look, wondering what was going on. He looked everywhere, including outside, and no one was there. Another employee also stated he has heard the "children" on several occasions. I am going to pay more attention the next times I am there and see what happens. I will advise everyone in the forum should anything develops.

Years earlier, there used to be a private residence on this propert before it was purchased by the recreation district.

Do you have any stories of similar occurences?

Physics news on Phys.org
Yeah, but since I'm dedicated to natural sciences, I dare not tell them..:cry:

In the town of Belmez in Spain there's a house famous for strange faces that appear in their walls. The owner of the house says that she erases the "Belmez faces" again and again, but they reappear also again again and again
http://www.100megspop2.com/presca/scaree.html
I think that the owner is who is drawing the faces and pulling the leg to the rest of the country
I don't believe in ghosts, phantoms, voices from the other world,... The only ghosts that I believe that exist generally wear expensive clothes, eat in luxurious restaurants and earn a lot of money. They are called politicians

Being an HVAC engineer, I'd say the problem is probably undersized air conditioning ductwork...

Just what have those employees been spiking their bug juice with? :eek:

timejim said:
Do you have any stories of similar occurences?

A lot of people have reported seeing a young, ghostly girl in the pool area on the Queen Mary. As the story goes, the girl drowned in the pool back in the thirties or forties I think.

When there a few years ago, some buddies and I [after a long night of drinking] ditched the party at hand and explored the underbelly of the ship. We were into areas that appeared to be untouched since the ship was operational. It was pretty spooky but no ghosts. We did find a human skeleton. It took a minute to realize that it was only a prop used in their yearly Halloween tour

Last edited:

1. What makes a place considered “haunted”?

There is no definitive answer to this question, as the concept of a “haunted” place is subjective and can vary from person to person. However, many believe that a place becomes haunted due to a traumatic or tragic event, residual energy from past events, or the presence of spirits or ghosts.

2. How do you know if a place is actually haunted?

It is difficult to determine if a place is truly haunted, as there is no scientific evidence to support the existence of ghosts or spirits. However, some common signs that a place may be haunted include unexplained noises, objects moving or disappearing, and sightings of apparitions or shadows.

3. Can you communicate with spirits in a haunted place?

Again, this is a subjective question as there is no scientific proof that spirits or ghosts can communicate with the living. However, some people claim to have had experiences such as hearing voices or receiving messages from spirits in haunted places.

4. Are haunted places dangerous to visit?

Generally, haunted places are not considered dangerous to visit. However, it is important to respect the space and any potential spirits that may be present. It is also important to follow any rules or regulations set by the owners of the property.

5. Why are people drawn to visiting haunted places?

There are various reasons why people may be drawn to visiting haunted places. Some may be curious about the paranormal, others may be seeking a thrill or adrenaline rush, and some may be looking for a sense of connection with the past or the spiritual realm.