Is Your Website Slowing Down Due to Excessive Bot Traffic?

• Thread starter ZapperZ
  • Start date
In summary: Zz.Welcome back! :tongue:Both web browser (Firefox and IE) on my computer are not showing the skin properly. Alot of line and borders are missing from the normal skin. Am I the only gettting this? It was fine when I logged in last night but everything went wrong this morning.Nope, you're not the only one. I'm getting that too.Strangely enough, this morning, I was viewing PF using Firefox but on the Mac Powerbook, and it looked fine. Now I'm at work on Windows using Firefox, and I'm getting what you are seeing.I'm on Windows XP, if it's of
What's with this at the top of every page?

Warning: file_get_contents(https://www.physicsforums.com/blog/feed/): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found in /includes/init.php(292) : eval()'d code on line 218

Warning: file_get_contents(https://www.physicsforums.com/blog/feed/): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found in /includes/init.php(292) : eval()'d code on line 218

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
sorry :redface:

It's gone now.

Looks like its all working again normally now.

All is working normally for me now too...and even a lot faster than before. :biggrin:

It is all working just like before now... But before wasn't right for me. I still can't see the LaTeX code when I preview messages. I get the "latex code being generated, reload in a moment" message. It does that both on mozilla and IE.

quasar987 said:
I still can't see the LaTeX code when I preview messages.
Yep. That still hasn't been fixed. :frown:

No, it's not back completely!:frown:

PF has been acting weird since last few days. Takes ages to connect...and loading is also pretty slow. Is everything alright here?

I don't have loading problem and but yes sometimes it takes ages to connect.

I think the speed is still the same, but that's fast enough, IMHO. It's just once in a blue moon, that I have to click on the Refresh button, since the page just does not want to show up.

Welcome To Physics Forums

Welcome To Physics Forums

(Closed daily between 6 A.M. and noon.)

I experienced several outages today as well.

... Me too!

I'm on dial up so I haven't noticed any difference - at least not since I replaced the string and tin cans.

The "no connection" thingy appears to be consistent almost every day since the server migration - 7:30 am till around 11:30 am central.

Zz.

Chronos said:
I'm on dial up so I haven't noticed any difference - at least not since I replaced the string and tin cans.
:rofl:

Yep, I'm still having the same trouble with not getting a connection at about the same time every day.

The server must be in Italy, it just needs to close down at noon :tongue:

Isn't it because of Greg's Europe trip? :tongue:

Monique said:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Darn outsourcing! :rofl:

Monique said:
:rofl:

Greg, what *is* going on with the server? I can't take it much longer. I sat here with my coffee going cold staring at "server not available" for three hours this morning. :frown:

Yeah, tell me about it. I had to do actual work in the morning last week.

russ_watters said:
I almost broke down and did some work, but fortunately the server came back up just in time.

I have had problems with that server, he just refuses to work at times, or
is it a she ,that would make more sense, we should never have changed to micro chips, go back to good old vacuum tubes, at least you know if they
are not all rosey they are are worked out.

russ_watters said:
You need a back-up forum like I have. :biggrin: Work in the morning just sounds awful. :uhh:

Whoa - it was down at 7:15 this morning when I got up and not up until a little after 12, near as I can tell.

russ_watters said:
Whoa - it was down at 7:15 this morning when I got up and not up until a little after 12, near as I can tell.
It was down for a while last night too. I kept getting that "server not found" error.

russ_watters said:
Same for me. I was almost forced to do some work! :eek:

It was down some time after 3:30 am central. Don't ask me what I was doing up at that time.

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
It was down some time after 3:30 am central. Don't ask me what I was doing up at that time.

Zz.
Trying to PF - obviously! :biggrin:

Garth

ZapperZ said:

Zz.

only sickos browse pf at 3:30 :biggrin:

And addicts!
don't dare say what kind of people browse PF in general...:uhh:

Greg Bernhardt said:
only sickos browse pf at 3:30 :biggrin:
Not when you've already got two hours of work done and you are ready for a tea break :grumpy: