The lesson of electric machines and drivers - transformer questions

In summary: Nominal current" and "primary side transformed value of the loading resistor" are not explained in your textbook.
mehmetemre
the lesson of electric machines and drivers -- transformer questions

question: the data of a single phase transformer are as following;
nominal primary voltage U1n= 230V
nominal secondary voltage U2m= 12V
line frequency f= 50 Hz
apparent power S=50 VA
loading resistor on secondary side is RL=3ohm
strayed field self induction coefficient in the simplified equivalent circuit Ls=Ls1+Ls2=0.06 H ?

winding ratio of transformer N1/N2 ?
nominal primary current I1n?
nominal secondary current I2n?
primary side transformed vaue of the loading resistor R'2?

Physics news on Phys.org
mehmetemre said:
question: the data of a single phase transformer are as following;
nominal primary voltage U1n= 230V
nominal secondary voltage U2m= 12V
line frequency f= 50 Hz
apparent power S=50 VA
loading resistor on secondary side is RL=3ohm
strayed field self induction coefficient in the simplified equivalent circuit Ls=Ls1+Ls2=0.06 H ?

winding ratio of transformer N1/N2 ?
nominal primary current I1n?
nominal secondary current I2n?
primary side transformed vaue of the loading resistor R'2?

Welcome to the PF.

Is this for schoolwork? What reading have you done so far about transformers. The questions you ask above are very basic, and if you have done any reading at all about transformers, you should be able to answer them yourself. :smile:

electric machine questions

yes this is a schoolwork and I still can't solve it, if you can solve it for me I would be appreciate,,
please help me about that because I will have an exam 2 days later in 19 june

thanks again

mehmetemre said:
yes this is a schoolwork and I still can't solve it, if you can solve it for me I would be appreciate,,
please help me about that because I will have an exam 2 days later in 19 june

thanks again

We do not do your schoolwork for you. Especially schoolwork that is this easy if you will just do your course reading. You can also go to wikipedia.org and search on transformers. The basic information you need is on their main transformer page.

Type "winding ratio" into google if your textbook doesn't explain it.

1. What is an electric machine?

An electric machine is a device that converts mechanical energy into electrical energy or vice versa. Examples of electric machines include generators, motors, and transformers.

2. What is the purpose of a transformer?

A transformer is used to change the voltage level of an alternating current (AC) electrical power supply. It works by stepping up or stepping down the voltage as needed to meet the specific requirements of the electrical system.

3. How does a transformer work?

A transformer consists of two or more coils of wire wrapped around an iron core. When an alternating current flows through the primary coil, it creates a changing magnetic field in the iron core. This changing magnetic field induces a voltage in the secondary coil, which is then used to power electrical devices.

4. What are the different types of transformers?

The two main types of transformers are step-up transformers, which increase the voltage level, and step-down transformers, which decrease the voltage level. Other types include autotransformers, isolation transformers, and instrument transformers.

5. What are some common applications of transformers?

Transformers are used in a wide range of applications, including power distribution, electric motors, electronic devices, and communication systems. They are also essential components in electrical grids, helping to transmit and distribute electricity over long distances.