Low-End DJ Mixer for Car Sound Sources

In summary, the individual is considering purchasing a low-end DJ mixer for their car in order to use multiple sound sources at once. They have a few questions about the microphone inputs and whether they can simply switch between sources or actually mix them together. They are also considering using a passive mixer to output into their car stereo's pre-amp port, but are unsure about mixing in their car.
KingNothing
Hi. I am thinking aout purchasing a three or four channel low-end DJ Mixer for the multiple sound sources I have in my car. A few questions:

What's the deal with all the microphone inputs? I just want to plug in an MP3 Player, a CD Player, and another sound source all at once. There won't be any actual microphones that people are singing/talking with.

Physics news on Phys.org
Do you want to mix them or just be able to switch between different sources?
Sort of like A+B+C+D -> output into speaker
or A+B -> AB or A+B+C -> ABC ?
If you want to just output all those into your car stereo's input then I'd go with passive mixers and output into pre-amp port in your car stereo
Sort of like http://images.misupply.com/products/original/Rolls/11836.jpg
But if you want to mix in your car, well I don't even want to comment :uhh:

Last edited by a moderator:

I can offer some insights into your questions about purchasing a low-end DJ mixer for your car sound sources. Firstly, it is important to understand that a DJ mixer is designed specifically for live performances and mixing different audio sources. This means that it may have features and inputs that are not necessary for your intended use in a car.

Regarding the microphone inputs, these are typically used for live performances where a DJ may need to connect multiple microphones for vocals or announcements. In your case, you can simply ignore these inputs and focus on the other inputs that are relevant to your sound sources.

It is also important to consider the quality and compatibility of the inputs on the DJ mixer. Make sure that the mixer has the appropriate inputs for your MP3 player, CD player, and other sound source. Additionally, check if the mixer has a built-in preamp or if you will need to purchase one separately to ensure proper sound quality.

In summary, a low-end DJ mixer may not be the best option for your specific needs in a car. It may be more beneficial to look for a car audio system that has multiple inputs and is specifically designed for use in a vehicle. I recommend doing some further research and considering all your options before making a purchase.

What is a low-end DJ mixer for car sound sources?

A low-end DJ mixer for car sound sources is a device used to mix and control audio signals from various sources, such as music players or microphones, in a car sound system. It typically has basic features and is designed for entry-level or budget-friendly use.

How does a low-end DJ mixer for car sound sources work?

The mixer takes in audio signals from different sources and allows you to adjust their levels, add effects, and blend them together to create a seamless sound. It also has outputs to connect to your car's sound system and speakers.

What are the common features of a low-end DJ mixer for car sound sources?

Some common features include multiple channels for connecting different sound sources, EQ controls for adjusting the frequency levels, crossfader for blending audio between channels, and basic effects like reverb or delay.

Can a low-end DJ mixer for car sound sources be used for professional purposes?

While low-end DJ mixers are designed for entry-level use, they can be used for professional purposes as well. However, they may not have all the advanced features and durability of high-end mixers.

What should I consider when purchasing a low-end DJ mixer for car sound sources?

When purchasing a low-end DJ mixer, consider the number of channels and inputs it has, the type and quality of effects, the build and durability, and compatibility with your car sound system. It's also important to read reviews and compare prices to find the best option for your needs and budget.