Palin Is Out Of The Running

• News
  • Thread starter lisab
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Running
In summary: Perry and Cain are both very experienced and have been in politics for a long time. They would make great candidates. She won't be able to help them much, though.
lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Sarah Palin has announced she's not running for president.

“Not being a candidate, you are unshackled and able to be even more active,” she said on the Mark Levin show. “I look forward to using all the tools at my disposal to get the right people in there who have a servant’s heart.”

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/10/05/palin-says-shes-not-running/?hp

(Wasn't sure this was appropriate for its own thread, but it didn't seem to fit anywhere else.)

Physics news on Phys.org
Evo said:
She's so unpopular right now, I wonder if anyone is going to risk allowing her to endorse them?

Palin could raise a great deal of money for Perry or Cain. If the primary race is close - Palin, Trump, Christy, and Huckabee are all potential kingmakers. At the same time, if they call on her because they're struggling - it would be ill-advised to use the money to destroy Romney.

I've said it before - Romney/Gingrich 2012 - and they don't need her endorsement.

Btw - W Blitzer asked Gingrich about running as VP specifically today on CNN (after Rubio said he wasn't a VP candidate) - Newt said his response "wouldn't be no".

she may still get fees to attending speaking engagements. it's not like she actually has to endorse anyone.

“Not being a candidate, you are unshackled and able to be even more active,”

Unshackled from the chains of the most powerful office on earth. Heh. That level of spin makes me dizzy. She isn't running because she has no chance of winning, and she knows it. She was nothing but a flash in the pan. Once people really got to know her, it was all over. Her only real strength was her anonymity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oU_rqm7WPPI

She wants to be the vice president this time. That's the best way to become a President in the future.

lisab said:
Sarah Palin has announced she's not running for president.
http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/10/05/palin-says-shes-not-running/?hp

(Wasn't sure this was appropriate for its own thread, but it didn't seem to fit anywhere else.)
This coincides with my next door neighbor, Larry, announcing that he's not running either. Shocking news perhaps, but we must accept it and move on.

jobyts said:
She wants to be the vice president this time. That's the best way to become a President in the future.
Is she going to shackle herself to Bachmann to try to achieve that? That ticket would be one big bag of right-wing crazy!

Is Cain too much of a newbie to be a serious candidate?

What does it mean that Palin is out of the running?

It means that Sarah Palin, a politician and former governor of Alaska, has announced that she will not be running for any political office in the upcoming election.

Why did Palin decide not to run?

The reasons for Palin's decision are not entirely clear, but she has cited personal and family reasons as well as a desire to support and endorse other conservative candidates.

What impact does Palin's decision have on the current political landscape?

Palin's decision not to run may have a significant impact on the current political landscape, as she was a popular and influential figure in the conservative movement. Some analysts believe her absence may open up opportunities for other candidates, while others believe it may weaken the conservative base.

Will Palin still be involved in politics?

Although she will not be running for office, Palin has stated that she will continue to be involved in politics and advocate for conservative causes. She may also use her platform and influence to support and endorse other candidates.

How has the public reacted to Palin's announcement?

The public reaction to Palin's decision has been mixed. Some have expressed disappointment and believe she would have been a strong candidate, while others have criticized her for not following through on her previous statements about potentially running. Ultimately, only time will tell how her decision will be received by the public.