Here Is The Latest New Quizz

• Thread starter marlon
  • Start date
In summary, Gerhard Mercator was the first human being to have seen bacteria and spermatozoids. Famous composer Ludwig van Beethoven once said, "there will always be kings but there will only be one ... (then he said his name)". Which famous artists sold the most copies of classical music-cd's- over 10 million for 1cd only? Who discovered the rings of Saturn? La Gioconda is a famous belgian female artist. Who is the father of contemporary cartography? Gerard Mercator was the father of the first atlas. Who wanted to be able to fly to the sun but when doing so, his wings melted down? Who composed the German national anthem? Johannes Brahms. Who
marlon
1)who was the first human being to have seen bacteria and spermatozoids

2)which famous composer had over 12 children

3)which famous composer once said “there will always be kings but there will only be one …(then he said his name)”

4)which artists sold the most copies of classical music-cd’s (over 10 million for 1cd only)

5)who discovered the rings of Saturn

6) who is la Gioconda

7)Which famous belgian is the father of contemporary cartography

8)Which famous belgian is the father of the anatomy

9)Who wanted to be able to fly to the sun but when doing so, his wings melted down…

10)Who composed the German national anthem

11)Who shouted out the words “eppure torna” and what the hell was he/she talking about

12)What is the first name of science-lady Noether (the one who wrote the famous Noether-theorem in group-theory and extensively used in Quantummechanics and QFT)

13)Who said “Just when I am trying to get out, they pull me right back in”

14)Which future (soon to be 25 years old, on january 17th) Nobel Prize-winning physicist once said : “I don’t understand why everybody thinks physics is hard, although physics is made to simplify and understand”

15)Another quote from this guy : “explaining something difficult in difficult words is easy, explaining something difficult in easy words is difficult”

16) Who on this forum is ALLWAYS in a good mood

enjoy

regards
marlon

Physics news on Phys.org
#1 if you mean recognise from other objects then Robert Hooke,inventor of the microscope.

then I would say Van Leeuwenhoek.

#2 I guess beethoven

5. huygens?

9. icarus

14-16 you? :)

#12 Emma/Emmy?
Hmm two or more Qs connected to Germany!

remcook said:
then I would say Van Leeuwenhoek.
correct

#2 I guess beethoven

nope

5. huygens?
correct

9. icarus
correct

14-16 you? :)
only 14 and 15 :biggrin:

marlon

poolwin2001 said:
#12 Emma/Emmy?
Hmm two or more Qs connected to Germany!

Emmy is correct...
marlon

7.Gerard Mercator?Wasn't he Dutch?? :wink: Or that time it only were "the Netherlands"??

Daniel.

13. Pacino in Godfather

edit:and if you didn't know this you aren't a real man

marlon said:
only 14 and 15 :biggrin:

marlon

High hopes,Marlon...Quite deep and tautologic thoughts... :tongue2:

Daniel.

2) J.H.S Bach
10)Joseph Haydn
16) Gokul

Last edited:
8. Vesalius

11. Galileo ("It turns anyway") which he muttered after being forced to recant the motion of the Earth by the Church.

Please post an updated list with the ones correctly answered marked so we aren't required to troll the thread to find the unanswered ones. Maybe just edit your first post.

SA:
As to 11, didn't he say "Eppur si muove"?

marlon said:
14)Which future (soon to be 25 years old, on january 17th) Nobel Prize-winning physicist once said : “I don’t understand why everybody thinks physics is hard, although physics is made to simplify and understand”
I'm preparing your party, don't worry. :biggrin:

Why does it always seem that #6 and #7 are among the easier ones ?

#6 ) Mona Lisa, of course. Surely there are more than a couple here who've at least read the Da Vinci Code ? :confused:

#7 ) Mercator - though I didn't know his nationality. But I don't expect too many people here to have spent more time reading atlases than I :redface:

#5 ) There have been a couple of guesses for Huygen's, which I think could be right. If not, my next best guess would be Cassini.

#14) Instead of guessing the answer to this, let me roughly quote Pauli, who, in a most uncharacteristic moment said something like : "I should have never chosen to do physics...it's too hard for me."

To put this quote in perspective, it is most unlike anything Pauli would be expected to say. For instance, when Weisskopf (then Pauli's post-doc) went to Pauli feeling preety lousy that one of his calculations was shown to have a mistake, and said "Pauli, I have to give up physics ! It's terrible !", Pauli replied, " Oh no. Don't worry. There are many people who make mistakes in papers. I - never."

Going back a little to the beginning of this relationship (between Pauli and Wesskopf) : when Weisskopf first joined Pauli as his assistant, Pauli explained, quite baldly to him, that Bethe had been his first choice, but couldn't have him, so he settled for Weisskopf. Having welcomed Weisskopf thusly, he gave him his first problem : to calculate the electron's self-energy using Dirac's method for canceling the vacuum polarization effects (which Pauli ridiculed from the day Dirac first proposed it). About ten days later, Pauli asked for the results, and Weisskopf showed them to him. Hardly glancing at the calculations, Pauli said, "I should have taken Bethe."

Ummm...sorry for that digression. I got carried away ! :redface:

#3 ) Wild guess, but I'll tryBeethoven (refering to Bach). Beethoven's admiration for Bach is quite well-known and can be summarized in this approximately translated quote : "He is not a stream/river/brook, he is an ocean." The German word for brook or stream, is 'Bach'. ( I always confuse Beethoven with Mozart...just don't know why !)

Or, this could be Beethoven, referring to Napoleon...but I'll stick with my first guess. I like that better.

Last edited:
Congrats, all questions have been solved correctly...I hope you enjoyed it...

ps answer to 16) is ZapperZ lol

regards
marlon

all answers are also in my journal https://www.physicsforums.com/journal.php?s=&journalid=13790&action=view

Last edited by a moderator:
arildno said:
SA:
As to 11, didn't he say "Eppur si muove"?

indeed you are right. These were his exact words...

regards
marlon

Evo said:
I'm preparing your party, don't worry. :biggrin:

many thanks for that EVO :biggrin:

marlon

Neat quizzes marlon. Good fun. Thanks.

What is "Here Is The Latest New Quizz"?

"Here Is The Latest New Quizz" is a new quiz game that challenges players with various trivia questions and puzzles.

Who can play "Here Is The Latest New Quizz"?

Anyone can play "Here Is The Latest New Quizz", as long as they have access to the game and the necessary equipment (such as a computer or mobile device).

How does "Here Is The Latest New Quizz" work?

"Here Is The Latest New Quizz" presents players with a series of questions and challenges, ranging from multiple choice to puzzles and riddles. Players must answer correctly to progress through the game.

Is "Here Is The Latest New Quizz" educational?

While "Here Is The Latest New Quizz" may contain some educational content, it is primarily designed for entertainment purposes. However, players may learn new facts and information through playing the game.

Can I play "Here Is The Latest New Quizz" with friends?

Yes, "Here Is The Latest New Quizz" offers multiplayer options, allowing players to compete against friends or team up to solve challenges together.