NIH fellowship eligibility on partial green card approval

In summary, the eligibility criteria for receiving an NIH fellowship on partial green card approval is that the applicant must have a partial green card approval from the USCIS and meet the eligibility requirements for the specific fellowship program. Non-US citizens or permanent residents are also eligible as long as they have a partial green card approval and meet all other criteria. A full green card is not required for eligibility and there are no specific restrictions, but applicants must meet all requirements and be able to fulfill program requirements. It is possible to apply for an NIH fellowship while a green card application is still pending, as long as the applicant has a partial green card approval and meets all other eligibility criteria.
aguy
Hi,

This may be very specific - NIH fellowships generally require US citizenship or permanent residency. I am wondering if an approved I-140 is good enough to get through the door. Does anyone here know about this?

Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
You need to ask the NIH, not this messageboard. Unless someone has been in the same situation or works on this at the NIH, you are not going to get a good, or any answer. Just call them up or send them an e-mail, I'm sure they're going to respond, and you'll get a better answer, as well.

1. What is the eligibility criteria for receiving an NIH fellowship on partial green card approval?

The eligibility criteria for receiving an NIH fellowship on partial green card approval is that the applicant must have a partial green card approval from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and must also meet the eligibility requirements for the specific NIH fellowship program they are applying for.

2. Can non-US citizens or permanent residents receive NIH fellowships on partial green card approval?

Yes, non-US citizens or permanent residents can receive NIH fellowships on partial green card approval as long as they have a partial green card approval from the USCIS and meet all other eligibility criteria for the fellowship program.

3. Do I need to have a full green card to be eligible for an NIH fellowship?

No, you do not need to have a full green card to be eligible for an NIH fellowship. As long as you have a partial green card approval from the USCIS and meet all other eligibility requirements, you can apply for an NIH fellowship.

4. Are there any restrictions for receiving an NIH fellowship on partial green card approval?

There are no specific restrictions for receiving an NIH fellowship on partial green card approval. However, as with any fellowship program, applicants must meet all eligibility criteria and be able to fulfill the program requirements.

5. Can I apply for an NIH fellowship while my green card application is still pending?

Yes, you can apply for an NIH fellowship while your green card application is still pending. However, you must have a partial green card approval from the USCIS at the time of application and must also meet all other eligibility criteria for the fellowship program.