Feeling Ignored: Why Are My Queries Being Overlooked?

• Thread starter Amith2006
  • Start date
In summary, Sir, Amith2006 feels that his queries are given least importance because he does not show any preferential treatment in answering them. He also believes that his last 10 threads have had an average response time of 4 hours, which is pretty darn fast.
Amith2006
Sir,
Why does it always happen that my queries are given least importance?

Physics news on Phys.org
Amith2006 said:
Sir,

Why do you feel this way Amith2006? I can say with complete confidence that I treat everybody's questions the same, I show no preference in answering any particular query, however, I do start at the top of the list so if yours is older than the current posts I may have missed it. :smile: Just because no one has answered you question doesn't man that they are treated with any less importance, people may not be 100% sure of the solution, in which case one would be reluctant to offer assistance.

Last edited:
May I suggest dropping the "Sir" at the start of each of your posts -- it sounds way too formal and is sure to put off many of the women who participate in these discussions.

I thought "Sirs" was a formality when you don't know whether or not you are addressing a woman or a man.

I'd also like to ask which questions are you talking about Amith? I took a quick look at the past posts of yours and it doesn't seem like anything too recent was ignored in any substantial way.

Amith2006 said:
Sir,
Please explain how you make this determination.

I use "Sir" in general to refer to both men and women. The thread "Focal length of concave lens using convex lens" is not yet answered which I posted 2 days back.

Amith, in the 5 months you've been here you have started 100 threads. 97 of these have been responded to. That itself is proof that your queries are not always ignored.

Out of these 97 threads, in more than half of them you have neither acknowledged the help provided by others nor even given any indication that you've read what they wrote. By doing that you are surely taking away any motivation people might have towards helping you. They would much rather spend their time helping those whom they know are at least reading and thinking about the inputs they provide. Despite this, you have been consistently getting help from people here.

Among your last 10 threads, except for the one that wasn't answered, the average response time was 4 hours. This is pretty darn fast, especially considering there were two or three threads with attachments, which typically can take a many hours before they are approved.

I think your complaint is quite unfair to all the people that have spent hours helping you with your queries.

My Apology

Amith2006 said:
I use "Sir" in general to refer to both men and women. The thread "Focal length of concave lens using convex lens" is not yet answered which I posted 2 days back.
I think you are right. Well, my apologies to all of you. I will try my level best to avoid such mistakes in future. It cannot be denied that you have responded to most of my questions quite fast. Please forget whatever I have said and I hope to get the same kind of help as I received earlie:cool: r.

Amith2006 said:
I think you are right. Well, my apologies to all of you. I will try my level best to avoid such mistakes in future. It cannot be denied that you have responded to most of my questions quite fast. Please forget whatever I have said and I hope to get the same kind of help as I received earlie:cool: r.
I accept you apology and thank you for being so honest. I will apologise in advance if you feel I don't asnwer any of your questions in the near future, but I am studying for exams at the moment so I will tend to leave the more involved questions alone.

I think most of us will gladly accept that apology. I also think most of us are appreciative that you try to show your working on the problems you ask for help with.

1. What are the common causes of physical injury?

The most common causes of physical injury include accidents (e.g. car accidents, falls), violence (e.g. assault, domestic abuse), sports injuries, and medical conditions (e.g. arthritis, osteoporosis).

2. What are the most effective ways to treat physical injuries?

The most effective ways to treat physical injuries depend on the type and severity of the injury. In general, treatment options may include rest, physical therapy, medication, and surgery. It is important to consult a medical professional for proper diagnosis and treatment plan.

3. How long does it take for a physical injury to heal?

The healing time for a physical injury varies depending on the type and severity of the injury, as well as individual factors such as age and overall health. Minor injuries may heal in a few days to weeks, while more serious injuries may take months to fully heal.

4. What are the potential complications of not treating a physical injury?

Not treating a physical injury can lead to various complications, such as chronic pain, loss of function or mobility, and increased risk of future injuries. In some cases, untreated injuries can also result in long-term health issues, such as arthritis or nerve damage.

5. How can I prevent physical injuries?

Physical injuries can be prevented by taking necessary precautions such as wearing proper protective gear, practicing safe behaviors (e.g. following traffic rules, using caution when handling sharp objects), maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle, and seeking prompt medical attention for any pain or discomfort.