FINAL VOTE - Take Me Home, Country Road

In summary, out of a tough competition, the 3 finalists for the "Take Me Home, Country Roads" photo contest are hypnagogue, Ivan Seeking, and ZapperZ. The final votes were close, but ZapperZ's landscape, Ivan's train, and hypnagogue's road all received praise. Ultimately, Ivan's picture was chosen for its ability to capture the theme of "Take Me Home" and ZapperZ's for its stunning landscape. Hypnagogue's photo also received recognition for its surreal quality and perfect road for a motorcycle ride.

FINAL VOTE - Take Me Home, Country Road

• hypnagogue

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Ivan Seeking

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • ZapperZ

Votes: 14 46.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
Out of the very tough competition, we have 3 finalists. Good luck!

1. hypnagogue
http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/6652/utah2ws.jpg

2. Ivan Seeking
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/9817/steamertrain0047xo.jpg

3. ZapperZ
img03367vk.jpg

Zz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Definitely Zz's. That landscape is practically Norwegian.

I vote to take Ivan's train through hyp's landscape and end up in Zz's photo for a picnic lunch with Arildno. :approve:

How am I supposed to vote? :cry:

Actually, Evo, you shouldn't sit down in a river to have picnic.
But, if you like, we can go snorkeling there instead? :smile:

arildno said:
Actually, Evo, you shouldn't sit down in a river to have picnic.
But, if you like, we can go snorkeling there instead? :smile:
Ok, I'll bring my snorkeling gear. :smile:

Evo said:
I vote to take Ivan's train through hyp's landscape and end up in Zz's photo for a picnic lunch with Arildno. :approve:

How am I supposed to vote? :cry:

Oh that's easy: Vote for Ivan. :tongue2:

Wow these are some amazing choices! I had to go with Zz's though as I like the overall feel.

This was an incredibly tough choice. I could have picked anyone of the three. I was leaning toward Hyp's, because it has a sort of surreal quality about it, and it actually has a road, and then Ivan's because it made me feel transported back in time somehow, but ultimately, Zz's picture really captured what is really "country" to me, and not train or desert. I just love the moss growing on the rocks too. Good job everyone!

It was a tough choice indeed. In the end Ivan got my vote, as his picture "captured" the "Take me home" part of the theme so well. :smile: But every contribution to this contest was brilliant and would deserve a vote. :smile:

hypnagogue's picture is just what i think about when you say "Take Me Home, Country Roads"...

if you'd ask what picture i'll put as a wallpaper... that's harder... i guess i'll have to switch between ZapperZ's and hypnagogue's :biggrin:

I love trains. I don't collect them. :tongue2:

All good pictures. Zz's has beautiful landscape. I can just imagine how relaxing it is in person.

Hyp's too. Perfect for motorcycle (scooter :tongue: ) riding in the middle of nowhere and just enjoy the beautiful road.

But because of my love for awesome trains, I voted for Ivan.

GO IVAN!

What is the song "Take Me Home, Country Road" about?

The song "Take Me Home, Country Road" is about a person longing for their home in the countryside of West Virginia. The song describes the beautiful scenery and peacefulness of the country roads leading to their home.

Who originally wrote and recorded "Take Me Home, Country Road"?

The song was written by Bill Danoff, Taffy Nivert, and John Denver, and was first recorded by John Denver in 1971.

How has "Take Me Home, Country Road" been used in popular culture?

The song has been featured in various movies, TV shows, and commercials, including the popular video game "Fallout 76." It has also been covered by numerous artists, such as Olivia Newton-John and the Hermes House Band.

What is the significance of the song "Take Me Home, Country Road"?

The song has become an iconic anthem for the state of West Virginia, representing the beauty and simplicity of rural life in the state. It is also considered one of John Denver's signature songs and is often played at his tribute concerts.

How has "Take Me Home, Country Road" impacted the music industry?

The song's popularity has led to it being one of the most well-known country songs of all time. It has also influenced various artists in the country and folk genres, and has been covered and sampled in many different musical styles.