Photo Contest - O' Christmas Tree, O' Christmas Tree (12/7-12/13)

In summary, a digital photo or digitally-scanned photo of a christmas tree is accepted within the contest period. Please resize your digital photo to no more than 650 x 490 or 490 x 650 pixels, crop your picture if you wish, and add a watermark or your name/nickname to the photo for identification purposes. Only one picture per member is allowed, and at the end of the contest period, a poll will be opened in which every PF member can vote for the picture they like best.
Tsu took the camera and I don't have any old tree pics. :cry:

Tinsel and cats go well together. The tinsel goes in one end and comes out the other. Then you can just hang it on the tree again. :yuck:

Physics news on Phys.org
nazzard said:
Merry Christmas! :smile:

http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/8853/treetu1.jpg
[/URL]

What do Chernobel mutants have to do with Christmas? :confused:

Moonbear said:
a good, prickly, sticky blue spruce...that should stop her from climbing it, right? :uhh:

The only proper tree, if you insist upon having one, is the Scotch Pine.

scorpa said:
My christmas tree this year is a little tree i cut out of a 5 inch green flashcard and pasted on top of a candle so I had something to put the presents i bought around...lol.

I somehow have the feeling that you have more than enough family support during the holiday season as well as other times. If not, just pop on down to (you know where), and there'll be a place at the table for you. :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Scotch Pine? No, they don't make. A Doug Fir or Noble Fir is a REAL Christmas tree. I have a pic of my son & daugher in law standing by the one that got away. I may have to post it in the disqualified thread.

Danger said:
I somehow have the feeling that you have more than enough family support during the holiday season as well as other times. If not, just pop on down to (you know where), and there'll be a place at the table for you. :wink:

Oh yeah that's why I didn't bother to go buy a tree and all the decorations, I'm going to be going home for christmas and it will be all decorated up there. Just didn't want to waste the money on a tree when I won't be here for Christmas, but then I got jealous of all the neighbours and improvised haha

Ivan Seeking said:
Tinsel and cats go well together. The tinsel goes in one end and comes out the other. Then you can just hang it on the tree again. :yuck:

:yuck: When I got the fake tree, I stopped using tinsel anyway (I don't want to deal with picking it clean every year, and old, tangled tinsel just wouldn't look right). But, yeah, the thought crossed my mind! :yuck:

Danger said:
The only proper tree, if you insist upon having one, is the Scotch Pine.

Nuh uh! :grumpy: I love blue spruce for Christmas (once you learn to wear sturdy gloves to handle it). No other Christmas tree has such a wonderful scent, and they have lots of space between all the branches to hang all the ornaments (I bet Zz could have fit even MORE ornaments on that tree of his if he had a blue spruce). :approve: :biggrin:

Actually, I've just always enjoyed seeing how people's Christmas trees reflect their own personal styles. Some will just cram a tree full of brightly colored ornaments and lights and tinsel and garland, and others go for a very simply decorated tree with just a few cherished ornaments and plain white lights. Some prefer a tall, skinny tree, or a perfecly cone-shaped one, and others a short, fat, slightly rounded in the middle tree (those are my favorites). Some like an elegant tree, neatly tucked into a corner, and others a huge, scraggly tree that fills the living room (my aunt used to get those...you'd have to squeeze past it to get into the house, but it was so fun, and that was just so her to just be goofy and wacky...and her whole tree was decorated with handmade ornaments...and when we visited, we were always welcome to help ourselves to craft supplies to make more ornaments, and those ornaments would always get added to the tree, no matter how sad they looked...she's my favorite aunt, if you couldn't tell).