Is My Brother Actually My Father? A Shocking Scientific Revelation

• Thread starter Redbelly98
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mean
In summary, having a brother generally means having a male sibling who shares one or both of your biological parents. This can also be through adoption or marriage, but typically refers to a biological brother. You can determine if you have a brother by asking your parents or through a DNA test. If you do not have a brother, it means you do not have a male sibling who shares your biological parents. Siblings can also be of different genders, including sisters, half-siblings, or step-siblings.
Physics news on Phys.org
Or at least a (approximately) half brother.

Looks more like your daddy if it's 52 and you are 98. I assume those are birth years.

WarPhalange said:
Looks more like your daddy ...

1. What do you mean by "I have a brother"?

This phrase means that you have a male sibling who shares one or both of your biological parents.

2. Can't I have a brother through adoption or marriage?

Yes, it is possible to have a brother through adoption or marriage. However, in this context, the phrase typically refers to a biological brother.

3. How do I know if I have a brother?

You can know if you have a brother by asking your parents or by taking a DNA test.

4. What if I don't have a brother?

If you do not have a brother, it means that you do not have a male sibling who shares one or both of your biological parents.

5. Can siblings be of different genders?

Yes, siblings can be of different genders. This phrase specifically refers to a brother, but it is possible to have sisters, half-siblings, or step-siblings of different genders as well.