Concealing Landmarks for google reverse image search

In summary, the speakers have been trying to outsmart the Google image search and have found success in using Google's Picasa-3 program. By selecting the pencil drawing feature and using other tricks such as changing colors, they were able to create an image that Google couldn't detect. They also mentioned difficulty resizing and asked for other useful tricks. The conversation ends with one speaker expressing their appreciation for the results.
Andre
So we have been struggling to defeat the google image searcher. This seems to work

vn08x5.jpg

While we see what it is, google didn't have any idea.

I made this with googles Picasa-3. It's very simple with a few clicks, I selected pencil drawing and then some other tricks, changing colors and such. I saved under a different name.

Any other tricks worthwile to know?

Physics news on Phys.org
PNG from panorama screen clip. It is difficult to resize, but seems to get by google images.

2s79vsi.jpg

Testing for size.

35m3228.jpg

Andre said:
So we have been struggling to defeat the google image searcher. This seems to work

While we see what it is, google didn't have any idea.

I made this with . It's very simple with a few clicks, I selected pencil drawing and then some other tricks, changing colors and such. I saved under a different name.

Any other tricks worthwile to know?

Awesome, I like.

I must caution against intentionally concealing landmarks for the purpose of defeating a search engine. While it may seem like a harmless or even fun challenge, it is important to consider the potential ethical implications of manipulating search results. Additionally, as technology and algorithms continue to advance, it is likely that these methods will become less effective over time. Instead of trying to outsmart search engines, it is important to focus on creating and sharing accurate and relevant information. Ultimately, the goal of search engines is to provide users with the most accurate and helpful results, and intentionally concealing landmarks goes against this purpose.

1. What are "Concealing Landmarks" for google reverse image search?

"Concealing Landmarks" is a technique used to hide or obscure specific identifiable features within an image, such as buildings or street signs, in order to prevent the image from being easily located through a reverse image search on Google.

2. Why would someone want to conceal landmarks for google reverse image search?

There are several reasons why someone may want to conceal landmarks in an image. For example, if the image contains sensitive or private information, such as a person's home address, they may want to prevent it from being easily found through a reverse image search. Additionally, some individuals may want to protect their intellectual property or prevent their images from being used without permission.

3. How can landmarks be concealed for google reverse image search?

There are several ways to conceal landmarks in an image. One method is to blur or pixelate the area of the image containing the landmark. This can be done manually using photo editing software or through automated tools. Another method is to use image manipulation techniques, such as changing the color or texture of the landmark, to make it less recognizable.

4. Does concealing landmarks always work for google reverse image search?

No, concealing landmarks does not guarantee that an image will not be found through a reverse image search on Google. While it may make it more difficult to locate the image, there are still ways for the search algorithm to match the image based on other visual features. Additionally, if the landmark is only partially concealed or easily identifiable by other means, the image may still be found.

5. Are there any potential drawbacks to concealing landmarks for google reverse image search?

Yes, there are potential drawbacks to concealing landmarks. If the image is used for legitimate purposes, such as in news reporting or educational materials, concealing landmarks may hinder the ability to provide accurate information. Additionally, if the image is used for commercial purposes, concealing landmarks may also affect the image's marketability and value.