Finding all a for a=frac{62k+1}{k-1}

• Thread starter Patronas
  • Start date
In summary, the equation a=frac{62k+1}{k-1} represents a mathematical relationship between two variables, a and k, and can be used to find the value of a given a specific value of k. To find all possible values of a, you can substitute the given value of k into the equation and solve for a. A can have multiple values for a single value of k, as it is a function. The equation can be used in a scientific experiment to analyze the relationship between two variables, and there are restrictions on the values of a and k to maintain the integrity of the equation.
Patronas
[tex]a=\frac{62k+1}{k-1} [/tex]
or
a = [62k+1] / [k-1]

a, k are natural numbers
I must find all a

Last edited by a moderator:
Mathematics news on Phys.org
what do you mean you must find all a. Through what method must you find all a?

For starters k must be even. If k is odd, k - 1 is even and 62k + 1 is odd.

I know that k must be even. But then, I calculate for k=2, k=4, k=6 ... And I have results a=63, 65, 69, 71, 83, 125 but i need good method

k-1 must divide evenly into 63. k=2,4,8,10,22.

1. What does the equation a=frac{62k+1}{k-1} represent?

The equation represents a mathematical relationship between two variables, a and k. It can be used to find the value of a given a specific value of k.

2. How do I find all possible values of a for a given value of k in the equation a=frac{62k+1}{k-1}?

To find all possible values of a, you can substitute the given value of k into the equation and solve for a. This will give you one possible value of a. Repeat this process with different values of k to find all possible values of a.

3. Can a have multiple values for a single value of k in the equation a=frac{62k+1}{k-1}?

Yes, a can have multiple values for a single value of k. This is because the equation is a function, meaning that for every input (k), there can be multiple outputs (a).

4. How do I use the equation a=frac{62k+1}{k-1} in a scientific experiment?

The equation can be used in a scientific experiment to analyze the relationship between two variables, a and k. By manipulating the values of a and k, you can observe how changes in one variable affect the other.

5. Are there any restrictions on the values of a and k in the equation a=frac{62k+1}{k-1}?

Yes, there are restrictions on the values of a and k. The denominator (k-1) cannot equal 0, as this would result in division by 0, which is undefined. Additionally, the values of a and k should be within a certain range to maintain the integrity of the equation.