Register to reply

Did Nikola Tesla discover a way to harness free energy?

by Inventor man
Tags: discover, free, harness, nikola, tesla
Share this thread:
Inventor man
Sep3-14, 02:42 AM
P: 12
And did he have patent/s for it...

I understand that their are alot of hoaxes and unsourced information out there so I want to know if there is some truth to the claim. I understand that energy can not be created or destroyed but what free energy is referring to is energy that is released naturally like solar power for example. The solar panels harness the solar energy which is "free" in that sense. I also understand perpetual motion is impossible and I know there are alot of magnet motor/generator videos out there that are most likely all hoaxes (with science there is always possibility)..... so yes I am just wondering if Tesla did find a way to harness "free energy" entirely new energy source or utilized radiant energy or the ionosphere somehow...

Thank you in advance
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
A spray-on light show on four wheels: Darkside Scientific
Research project on accident-avoiding vehicle concluded
Smaller artificial magnetic conductors allow for more compact antenna hardware
NascentOxygen
Sep3-14, 03:52 AM
HW Helper
Thanks
P: 5,473
What makes you think he may have?
Inventor man
Sep3-14, 05:41 AM
P: 12
That is why I am asking because there are alot of unsourced articles say that he has.... did you read

dschlink
Sep3-14, 12:41 PM
P: 14
Did Nikola Tesla discover a way to harness free energy?

No he didn't. Many people think his efforts to transmit power without wires was a mythical free-power system. I read extensively about Tesla back before all the Internet made it possible for nuts to spread garbage widely. The wireless power concept would have created a standing wave between the Earth's surface and the ionosphere which people would be able to tap anywhere. Didn't work.
phinds
Sep3-14, 12:50 PM
PF Gold
P: 6,487
Tesla was a clever fellow but he is being MASSIVELY overestimated in the modern pop media. There are numerous threads about this here on this forum. Do a forum search. A good place to start, as always, is at the bottom of the post where there are links to similar threads. You'll find that most of them end up getting closed because even on this forum there are people who take the nonsense seriously.
AlephZero
Sep3-14, 02:37 PM
Engineering
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
Thanks
P: 7,279
Quote Quote by Inventor man View Post
That is why I am asking because there are alot of unsourced articles say that he has.... did you read
Nope, I haven't got to those articles yet ...
Matterwave
Sep3-14, 02:55 PM
Sci Advisor
P: 2,950
Quote Quote by Inventor man View Post
I understand that energy can not be created or destroyed but what free energy is referring to is energy that is released naturally like solar power for example.
By this definition, wouldn't all energy we use be free energy? Petrol is a natural chemical that we process to make gasoline after all...
berkeman
Sep3-14, 10:28 PM
Mentor
P: 41,276
Thread closed. Discussing Tesla is a waste of time in general. He did some good things, but as pointed out in this thread, there is a lot of misinformation about real physics in discussions about Tesla.

Register to reply