Unable to post using my old name

• Thread starter kerrie72
  • Start date
In summary, the user Kerrie was unable to post using their old username and had sent multiple emails to the admin with no response. It was discovered that their account usergroup had been switched, but it has now been fixed. Kerrie has returned to the forum and has a 14-month-old toddler. They are happy to be back and have received a warm welcome from other users.
kerrie72
Unable to post using my old name!

To the admin;
I have sent 3 emails in regards to the inability to post under my old username Kerrie (one of your long devoted retired staff), but I have gotten no response. Can someone reply to me as to why I cannot post? :smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi Kerrie! Sorry about that, somehow your account usergroup got switched to "awaiting confirmation". All fixed now :)

:rofl: That's what happens when you retire and stop writing to us! We changed the locks and closed all the blinds. :rofl:

Not to mention the recent move.

Kerrie, how's the little doing?

thank you so much Greg :) i wanted to come back to post more to the forum :)

Welcome back Kerrie!

Evo said:
Welcome back Kerrie!

And Kotter!

thank you! my little one is now a 14 month old toddler who gets into EVERYTHING :) glad to be back!

Oops, forgot my manners. :redface: Welcome back, Kerrie!

What does it mean when I am unable to post using my old name?

When you are unable to post using your old name, it means that the system is not recognizing your previous username and is not allowing you to post under that name.

Why am I unable to post using my old name?

There could be several reasons for this. It is possible that your old name was deleted or removed from the system, or it could be that there is an error with the system that is preventing it from recognizing your old name.

Is there a way to retrieve my old name and post under it?

If your old name was deleted or removed, it may not be possible to retrieve it. However, if it is a system error, you may be able to contact the administrator and have them fix the issue so that you can use your old name again.

Can I still post using a different name?

Yes, you should still be able to post using a different name. If the system is not recognizing your old name, you can create a new account with a different username and use that to post.

How can I prevent this issue from happening again in the future?

To prevent this issue from happening again, make sure to keep track of your username and password and regularly check to see if there are any changes or issues with your account. If you encounter any problems, contact the administrator for assistance.