Motor on the Longboard whoaa

• Thread starter BigFly
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Motor
In summary, the conversation discusses the desire to make a motorized skateboard, with a preference for electric motors. The advantages of electric over gas and the possibility of reaching speeds of 20-30mph are also mentioned. One suggestion is to use an old jetski motor and build a hand-trigger throttle for the skateboard.
BigFly
After seeing some people with these motorized skateboards i kind of wanted to try and make one. Does anyone know the best types of motors electric/gas? I would prefer an electric one but I am not sure if i could get it too fast with an electric. Well first off what are the advantages of electric over gas, and vice versa. Secondly does anyone know how to make either a strong electric or gas motor? is it possible to get this board up too 20-30mph?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Take an old jetski apart ;-) Mount it on the bottom and build a hand, trigger throttle.

I would recommend conducting some research on the different types of motors available for a motorized skateboard. Electric motors are typically more efficient and environmentally friendly compared to gas motors, but they may not provide as much power. On the other hand, gas motors may be more powerful but they can also be noisy and emit harmful emissions.

If you are looking to make a strong electric motor, it may be possible to achieve speeds of 20-30mph with the right components and design. It would be important to consider factors such as the voltage and wattage of the motor, as well as the weight and aerodynamics of the skateboard itself.

I would also suggest consulting with experts or experienced individuals in the field of motorized skateboards to gather more information and guidance on the best approach for your project. Safety should also be a top priority, so make sure to carefully research and follow all necessary precautions and regulations when building and using a motorized skateboard.

What is a motorized longboard?

A motorized longboard is a type of skateboard that is equipped with an electric motor and a battery, allowing it to move without the need for pushing off with one's feet.

How fast can a motorized longboard go?

The speed of a motorized longboard can vary depending on the model and type of motor. On average, they can reach speeds of up to 20-25 miles per hour.

What are the benefits of using a motorized longboard?

Motorized longboards provide a convenient and fun mode of transportation. They can also help with reducing fatigue and making longer trips more manageable.

How do you control the speed of a motorized longboard?

Most motorized longboards have a handheld remote control that allows the rider to adjust the speed. Some models also have a built-in speed control feature.

Is it difficult to maintain a motorized longboard?

Maintaining a motorized longboard is similar to maintaining a regular skateboard. It is important to regularly check and charge the battery, and keep the motor and other components clean and free of debris. It is also recommended to have a professional check the board and its components periodically.