Inverted Pendulum Digital Controller Design *WILLING TO PAY FOR YOUR TIME*

In summary, Cyrus is asking for help with homework and is offering to pay for it. He is questioning ACE1234's legitimacy as a tutor because he does not know who he is. This thread was posted in the wrong forum and should have been moved to the Homework Help forum section.
Ace1234
Hello
I have attached the sheet that describes the problem.
This is supposed to be simulated in MATLAB first with no disturbance and then with disturbance. My problem is that I am not sure how to program a lot of this stuff in MATLAB so that is one thing i need help with and then just putting all the code to work together. I have some parts written, just have to figure out how to combine it all.

Please let me know if you are a controls/matlab expert and want to help me, I WILL PAY YOU FOR YOUR TIME, OR IF YOU KNOW SOMEONE WHO CAN HELP.

Attachments

• invpfinal.PDF
    22.3 KB · Views: 263
Engineering news on Phys.org
Uh, excuse me? Are you offering to pay people to do your homework for you? That's a no-no.

Cyrus said:
Uh, excuse me? Are you offering to pay people to do your homework for you? That's a no-no.

I did not ask anyone to do my homework for me...I asked if anyone can help me...It's due wednesday and I need help ASAP, so that is why I stated that I was willing to pay.

I appologize if the wrong message was sent

Uh, excuse me? As far as i am concerned, CYRUS, please don't waste anyones time with a stupid assumption/acusation. I don't know who ACE1234 is, but I would take that acusation very seriously and I would say that you are way out of line to imply something like that. Not only is your reply unprofessional, but at the same time very rude. This is america, if someone wants to pay someone to help with homework I believe that is perfectly legal, have you ever heard of tutoring?

Last edited:
paularino said:
Uh, excuse me? As far as i am concerned, CYRUS, don't waste anyones time with a stupid reply with your stupid assumptions. This is america, if I want to pay someone to help me with my homework I believe that is perfectly legal, have you ever heard of tutoring?

Erm.. this forum does not condone help in exchange for payment. I don't think Cyrus said anything about such a notion being illegal, but it is certainly not permitted here.

I agree that the site should/does not condone help in exchange for payment, but the manner he used to accuse and question was in my eyes borderline harrassment. The site should also not condone that. If someone chooses to stimulate someones interest (a tutor for example) with a payment for their time in exchange for tutoring, then I don't see how this is an issue. The site has rules and regulations, I am not authority here, but I am just stating the obvious. I will let the board handle it like CYRUS should have done.

paularino said:
I agree that the site should/does not condone help in exchange for payment, but the manner he used to accuse and question was in my eyes borderline harrassment. The site should also not condone that. If someone chooses to stimulate someones interest (a tutor for example) with a payment for their time in exchange for tutoring, then I don't see how this is an issue. The site has rules and regulations, I am not authority here, but I am just stating the obvious. I will let the board handle it like CYRUS should have done.

Cyrus' tone was just fine. This thread should have been posted in the Homework Help forum section anyway. Yet another problem with this thread. Thread locked.

1. How does an inverted pendulum digital controller work?

An inverted pendulum digital controller works by using a combination of sensors, actuators, and a control algorithm to keep an inverted pendulum in an upright position. The sensors detect the position and movement of the pendulum, and the controller uses this information to adjust the actuator to keep the pendulum balanced. The control algorithm calculates the necessary adjustments based on the input from the sensors.

2. What is the purpose of designing a digital controller for an inverted pendulum?

The purpose of designing a digital controller for an inverted pendulum is to stabilize the pendulum and keep it in an upright position. This is important for various applications, such as robotics and transportation, where maintaining balance is crucial.

3. What are the key components of an inverted pendulum digital controller?

The key components of an inverted pendulum digital controller include sensors, actuators, a microcontroller or computer, and a control algorithm. The sensors measure the position and movement of the pendulum, the actuators make adjustments to keep the pendulum balanced, and the control algorithm processes the sensor data and calculates the necessary adjustments.

4. How is a digital controller designed for an inverted pendulum?

A digital controller for an inverted pendulum is designed by first understanding the dynamics of the system and determining the appropriate control algorithm. Next, the controller is programmed using a microcontroller or computer. The sensors and actuators are then integrated, and the controller is tested and adjusted until the pendulum can be kept in an upright position.

5. What are the benefits of using a digital controller for an inverted pendulum?

Using a digital controller for an inverted pendulum offers several benefits, including more precise control, faster response times, and the ability to make adjustments in real-time. It also allows for easier implementation of advanced control strategies and can be easily modified or upgraded as needed.