Intriguing topics for Economics presentation

In summary, The presenter gave some suggestions on how to make an interesting and engaging presentation about economics. Topics that could be explored include the social benefits and opportunity costs of the newly-built student center, the marginal and total effects of rising prices on the profitability of the canteen, and so on.
Hood
Economics is definitely not my thing. Unfortunately, I have to give an intriguing presentation that would raise interest. I wonder If you could give me some topics and something to start from. It would be great for the topics to be interesting so that it wouldn't be boring to watch and hopefully make it easier to work on for myself. Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
-How does federal regulation of the money supply affect the economy?
-How does raising taxes affect the circular flow of wealth?
-How does the value and backing of a country's currency affect its exchange rate in the international market?
-How do unions affect unemployment and wage levels in some industry?
-What are some applications of game theory in economics?
- How does the government achieve an expenditure equilibrium?
- How does one prove the general case of the law of comparative advantage?
- Coase's Theorem, applicaitons and proof
- What are some differences between monetary and fiscal policy?
- How does the equation of exchange relate to macroeconomics?
- Money multiplier in macroeconomics.

BiP

These may be too complex issues, but which of course have an extreme importance in any economy. Unfortunately many economists today are short-term economists, too focused on their flawed pseudo-scientific mathematical models of economics trying to predict what will happen in the next few years. So my suggestions won't probably involve much mathematics if that's what you're interested in:

- What are the significant factors that make an economy grow in the long-term?
- What problems does an economy in a deindustrialization process face?
- What are the consequences of the financial sector, which generates huge amounts of private debt, gaining a ever bigger share on the total output of mature economies?
- In what cases does protectionism work, and in what cases it doesn't?

I think your choice of topic would mostly depend on your course requirements, expected amounts of efforts involved, etc. In order to give an informal yet still inspiring intriguing Economics presentation, I'd suggest starting with SEVERAL topics that are directly related to the community (school, club, etc.) that you're part of, and pick the one that best fits your purposes. There should be thousands of possible topics for your presentation if you care to connect your economic command with community issues. Examples include the social benefits and opportunity costs of the newly-built student center, the marginal and total effects of rising prices on the profitability of the canteen, and so on. I am sure you will impress your audiences and raise their interest if you incorporate into your presentation your own economic models (just simple ones) with real data and use them to explain your research findings. STATA is an awesome tool in this regard. Good luck! :)

I understand that economics may not be everyone's area of expertise. However, it is a crucial field that impacts our daily lives and the world at large. In order to make your presentation more intriguing and engaging, I would suggest focusing on a topic that is relevant and relatable to your audience.

One idea could be to discuss the economic impact of a current event or trend, such as the rise of online shopping and its effects on traditional brick and mortar stores. This topic would be interesting to both consumers and businesses, as well as highlighting the ever-evolving nature of the economy.

Another option could be to explore the concept of behavioral economics and how our irrational behaviors and decision-making processes can impact the economy. This topic has gained a lot of attention in recent years and can be applied to various real-world scenarios, making it both engaging and thought-provoking.

You could also consider discussing the economics of sustainability and how businesses are adapting to meet the growing demand for environmentally friendly products and practices. This topic not only addresses a pressing global issue but also showcases the intersection of economics and social responsibility.

In addition to these suggestions, it may also be helpful to incorporate visual aids, real-life examples, and interactive elements into your presentation to keep your audience engaged. I hope these ideas help you get started on your intriguing economics presentation. Good luck!

1. What are some current hot topics in economics that would make for an intriguing presentation?

Some current hot topics in economics that would make for an intriguing presentation include:

• The impact of COVID-19 on the global economy and recovery efforts
  • The rise of income inequality and its effects on society
  • The debate over a universal basic income and its potential benefits and drawbacks
  • The role of technology and automation in the workforce and its effects on job opportunities
  • The impact of trade wars and tariffs on international trade and economies

2. How can I find credible sources for my economics presentation?

You can find credible sources for your economics presentation by:

• Utilizing academic databases such as JSTOR, EconLit, or Google Scholar
  • Looking for articles in reputable economics journals such as The American Economic Review or The Quarterly Journal of Economics
  • Using data from trusted sources like the World Bank, International Monetary Fund, or government agencies
  • Checking the credibility of authors and sources by looking at their credentials and affiliations

3. What are some potential challenges in presenting economics topics to a non-economics audience?

Some potential challenges in presenting economics topics to a non-economics audience include:

• Using technical jargon and complex economic concepts that may be difficult for non-experts to understand
  • Explaining the relevance and real-world implications of economic theories and models
  • Addressing potential biases and limitations in economic research and data
  • Keeping the presentation engaging and avoiding overwhelming the audience with too much information
  • Addressing any potential political or ideological biases that may affect the audience's perception of the topic

4. How can I make my economics presentation more interactive and engaging?

You can make your economics presentation more interactive and engaging by:

• Including relevant and relatable examples or case studies
  • Using visuals such as graphs, charts, and images to illustrate key points
  • Incorporating group activities or discussions to encourage audience participation
  • Encouraging questions and discussions throughout the presentation
  • Using storytelling techniques to make the topic more interesting and relatable

5. How can I ensure my economics presentation is unbiased and objective?

You can ensure your economics presentation is unbiased and objective by:

• Using data and evidence from multiple credible sources
  • Addressing potential biases and limitations in the research and data
  • Presenting multiple perspectives and acknowledging potential counterarguments
  • Avoiding language or statements that may be perceived as biased or opinionated
  • Seeking feedback from colleagues or experts in the field to ensure objectivity