Inhalable coffee created, math geeks rejoice

• Thread starter fourier jr
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Coffee
In summary, a Harvard professor has created a product called Le Whif that allows coffee lovers to inhale their caffeine fix instead of drinking it. The product is in the form of a stick, similar to a lipstick tube, and is used by placing one end to the lips and inhaling gently. This alternative method of consuming coffee has been met with skepticism and some suggest just taking a caffeine pill instead. However, the creator claims it provides a quicker and more intense caffeine boost.
fourier jr
not my thing but maybe other people on here will be into it:

Why drink your coffee when you can inhale it?

Thanks to creative engineering by Harvard professor David Edwards, coffee addicts can now breathe their morning cup of joe (and get their caffeine fix) using a product called Le Whif.

Le Whif 'gives us the kick of coffee without the cup,' says Edwards.

How does it work? Users place one end of the stick, which is about the size of a lipstick tube, to their lips, then inhale gently.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/16/le-whif-breathable-coffee_n_501568.html

Physics news on Phys.org
I prefer Cocaine.

i guess that would work also. or amphetamines

How will you dunk your donuts?

Savouring that perfect cup of coffe as the steam hits your nose, the different oils hit the different tastebuds, the right temperature. Inhale a powder? I don't think so, just take a caffeine pill.

Obviously you spray them

WhoWee said:
How will you dunk your donuts?

People who inhale their coffee probably don't eat donuts. :biggrin:

How appropriate it was reported on Huffington Post :wink:.

well, they could give you a straw with the coffee powder on the donut

Why's this different from caffine pills? I don't get it.

Evo said:
Inhale a powder? I don't think so, just take a caffeine pill.

zomgwtf said:
Why's this different from caffine pills? I don't get it.
Pills are too slow acting. When you need to get that math problem done on time, you don't want to wait for a pill. :devil:

I need my morning espresso. I brew a 4-demitasse pot, and dump it into my mug. Love the smell, the taste, etc. I don't think I'll be inhaling caffeine anytime soon.

1. What is inhalable coffee?

Inhalable coffee is a form of coffee that is inhaled into the lungs instead of being consumed through the mouth. It is typically in a powdered form and can be inhaled using a special device, similar to an inhaler used for asthma.

2. How is inhalable coffee created?

Inhalable coffee is created by freeze-drying brewed coffee into a powder form. This powder is then placed into a special device that allows it to be inhaled into the lungs.

3. Is inhalable coffee safe?

The safety of inhalable coffee has not been thoroughly studied and there is currently limited research on its potential health effects. However, it is generally believed to be safe when used in moderation and according to instructions.

4. How does inhalable coffee compare to traditional coffee?

Inhalable coffee is said to provide a quicker and more intense caffeine boost compared to traditional coffee. It also does not require any preparation or equipment, making it more convenient for on-the-go caffeine consumption.

5. Can anyone use inhalable coffee?

Inhalable coffee is not recommended for children, pregnant or breastfeeding women, and those with respiratory issues. It is important to consult with a healthcare professional before using inhalable coffee, especially if you have any underlying health conditions.

Back