I'll play nice, stop the censorship

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolved around a series of cartoons posted by the user "trib," which received mixed reactions from other users. The conversation also touched on the topic of censorship and the potential consequences of making fun of moderators. Ultimately, the conversation ended with the suggestion for the user "trib" to reconsider their participation in the forum.
tribdog
I'll play nice, stop the censorship!

Cartoon #2
http://www.4shared.com/file/72293447/63cc0eaa/pfparty.html"

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org

Have to find a better way to have these posted. How about starting a free website, and posting it on that?

:smile:

I liked the first one better.

trib, we can't even see them. I will warn you that you are treading on thin ice, I hope these cartoons of yours are ok.

the first one seemed kind of self-deprecating. didn't look at this one.

Proton Soup said:
the first one seemed kind of self-deprecating. didn't look at this one.

Nothing wrong with either one, IMO.

Evo, I had to direct that the file be opened by my browser (firefox). Then I could see them.
They are tame and funny!

What is this? Muhammad cartoons?

Ha ha, that was...interesting...why does Borek have a mutant arm and why do you poop? Oh and what did you use to do the animation?

I used Macromedia Flash DX 2004.
Borek has a mutant arm because that was my first attempt at a "shape tween" where you only have to give the beginning and ending shape and let flash fill in the rest.

Evo said:
trib, we can't even see them. I will warn you that you are treading on thin ice, I hope these cartoons of yours are ok.

This one's just for you Evo. Download and open with your browser to see it.
Cartoon #3:
http://www.4shared.com/file/72401330/c6e652ac/thinice.html"

Borek said:
I have copied those two to my site, hope you have nothing against.

Thin ice

And I laughed so hard I have tears in my eyes.

I don't mind at all. In fact here's one just for you.

Cartoon #4
http://www.4shared.com/file/72422815/e09ad7ce/borek.html"

I'm sorry, but this one cracks me up

but if you ever change your avatar it will totally mess things up

Not only in your cartoons, in many other threads as well.

I put a lot of work into the first cartoon, but it was taken off by someone. I don't know who. I thought it showed me doing something stupid in a humorous way. I've gone back to the original and made some changes. Hopefully this one won't be removed. I think you would have to be a Nazi to censor this one, since it doesn't say anything bad about anyone. Unless it is illegal to say the word "banned" in which case I will remove this immediately.

i liked the first one, i thought it was pretty tongue-in-cheek.

EDIT: first as in the original which got removed.

Oerg said:
i liked the first one, i thought it was pretty tongue-in-cheek.

EDIT: first as in the original which got removed.

the only change in this one was that I added a black bar to cover the face of one of the characters

Let's get a few things straight: making fun of the moderators when you have been banned and are on your final warning is not the most wise thing to do, especially when you were banned for such a blatant breaking of the rules. An even more unwise thing to do is to repost the same post making fun of the moderators that has once been deleted.

This thread is done. If I were the OP, I would step back and think long and hard as to whether I want to participate in this forum anymore.

Related to I'll play nice, stop the censorship

1. What is "I'll play nice, stop the censorship"?

"I'll play nice, stop the censorship" is a movement or campaign aimed at promoting free speech and opposing censorship in various forms, such as social media platforms, governments, and corporations.

2. Why is "I'll play nice, stop the censorship" important?

This movement is important because it advocates for the protection of the fundamental right to freedom of expression, which is essential for the progress and development of society. It also raises awareness about the dangers of censorship and its potential impact on individuals and societies.

3. Who is behind the "I'll play nice, stop the censorship" movement?

The "I'll play nice, stop the censorship" movement is a grassroots effort and does not have a specific organization or group behind it. It is largely driven by individuals who are passionate about promoting free speech and opposing censorship.

4. How can I get involved with "I'll play nice, stop the censorship"?

There are various ways to get involved with the "I'll play nice, stop the censorship" movement. You can start by sharing information and resources about the movement on social media or participating in online discussions. You can also join local or online groups that support the cause or attend events and protests related to free speech and censorship.

5. What can be done to stop censorship?

Stopping censorship requires a collective effort from individuals, governments, and corporations. Some steps that can be taken include advocating for stronger laws and policies to protect free speech, supporting and promoting alternative platforms that prioritize free speech, and holding those who engage in censorship accountable. It is also important to educate others about the importance of free speech and the dangers of censorship.