Robotic Arm Control β: Inverse Kinematics for 2 DOF

In summary, the conversation discusses using inverse kinematics with an arduino mega 2560 to control a robotic arm with 2 DOF. The formula dθ= J^-1 * dh is mentioned, with dθ representing angle variations, J representing the jacobian matrix, and dh representing height variations. The problem is illustrated with two appendices, l1 and l2, and a varying height h. The conversation also mentions the use of the jacobian matrix J and the transposed jacobian matrix JT, and the importance of using the appropriate one based on the application.
ffp
βHi, I'm working in a project with an arduino mega 2560 controling a robotic arm with 2 DOF moved by servo motors.

I want to make the arm lift vertically about 20 cm as if it would carry a transformer to a pole. I was thinking in inverse kinetics (don't know if that's the name in english) to make it.

This means:

dθ= J^-1 * dh

Where dθ is the matrix of the angle vriations, J is the jacobian matrix and dh is the variation of height.

I'll try to ilustrate the problem:... ______(l2)_____
...\......|
...\ ......| h
.(l1)..\......|
...\....|
--------------------------------
.....d

l1 is the first apendice with 9.2cm and the angle between it and the horizontal line is α, which starts as 30°.
l2 is the second apendice with 9.7cm and the angle between it and the horizontal line is β which starts as 0º.
h is the height of the tip of the arm and starts as 6cm and goes until 15cm.
d is the distance between the robot base and it's tip and is constant at 5cm.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't the jacobian matrix J be:

l1*cos(α) l2*cos(β)

l2*sin(α) -l1*sin(β) ?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Also, do you think it would be better to use the jacobian transposed matrix JT or just jacobian matrix J ?The answer to your question depends on the application. If you need to find the joint angles that correspond to a given end-effector position and orientation, then you would typically use the Jacobian matrix J. If you need to find the end-effector velocity given joint velocities, then you would typically use the transpose of the Jacobian matrix JT.

What is a robotic arm control system?

A robotic arm control system is a type of technology that allows a robotic arm to perform specific movements and tasks. It involves using mathematical equations and algorithms to calculate the precise positioning of the arm's joints and motors in order to achieve the desired movement.

What is inverse kinematics?

Inverse kinematics is a method used to determine the joint angles and positions of a robotic arm in order to achieve a specific end-effector position. It involves working backwards from the desired end-effector position to calculate the necessary joint movements and angles.

What is the significance of 2 DOF in robotic arm control?

2 DOF (degrees of freedom) in robotic arm control refers to the number of independent movements that can be achieved by the arm. In this case, it means that the arm has 2 joints that can be controlled, allowing for a wider range of movements and tasks to be performed.

How does the robotic arm control β system work?

The robotic arm control β system uses inverse kinematics and mathematical calculations to determine the necessary joint angles and positions for the arm to achieve a specific end-effector position. This information is then sent to the arm's motors, which move the arm accordingly.

What are the applications of robotic arm control β?

Robotic arm control β can be used in various industries such as manufacturing, healthcare, and space exploration. It can perform tasks that are dangerous, repetitive, or require precision and accuracy. This technology can also be used in prosthetics, allowing for more natural and precise movements for amputees.