Which of the following has the same value in decimal, none of them?

• Thread starter mr_coffee
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Value
In summary, the conversation is about a person reviewing for an exam and trying to solve a question involving five numbers in different bases. The person is unsure if they did the problem correctly because none of the numbers have the same value in base 10. They share their work and someone points out that there are only four numbers in the attached image, causing the person to realize their mistake and thank the other person.
mr_coffee
Hello everyone, I'm revewing for an exam and I tried this problem and i got them all not equalling the same number in base 10. The question says:
Each of the following five numbers has a different base , which of thefigve numbers have the same value in decimal. Well here is my work and none of them where, did i do it right'?
http://img276.imageshack.us/img276/7452/lastscan2ua.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I'm not going to check your arithmetic, but you expanded the numbers correctly. However, I only see 4 numbers on the attached .jpg, and your question says "which of the five numbers..." Maybe you just forgot to do one of the numbers.

lol, that was the problem, thanks again AKG

1. What is meant by "decimal" in this question?

"Decimal" refers to the base 10 number system, which is the most commonly used number system in everyday life. It uses 10 digits (0-9) to represent all numbers.

2. Why are none of the options equivalent in decimal?

None of the options are equivalent in decimal because they all have different values and cannot be represented by the same set of digits in the base 10 number system.

3. Can you explain the concept of equivalence in decimal?

Equivalence in decimal means that two numbers have the same value when represented in the base 10 number system. This means they will have the same digits in the same order.

4. How can I determine if two numbers are equivalent in decimal?

You can determine if two numbers are equivalent in decimal by converting them to the base 10 number system and comparing their values. If they have the same value, they are equivalent in decimal.

5. Is there a way to represent these options as equivalent in decimal?

No, there is no way to represent these options as equivalent in decimal since they have different values and cannot be represented by the same set of digits in the base 10 number system.