Quantum interference control

In summary, the conversation is about achieving carrier phase stabilization for frequency comb using quantum interference. The individual is looking for the derivation of the equations for current generation and is seeking references for more information, including a book on femtosecond optical frequency comb technology by Jun Ye and Steve Cundiff.
semc
Hi all, I am a student and I am trying to understand how to achieve carrier phase stabilization for frequency comb using quantum interference. I found out that the interference leads to generation of current but I can't seem to find the derivation of the equations for the current generation. Hopefully someone can refer me to a book that gives the details of the phenomena.

Thanks in advance!

Physics news on Phys.org
This is a bit vague. What exactly do you intend to use?

One could use things like mu/2mu referencing (see citation in Optics Letters, Vol. 30, Issue 7, pp. 735-737 (2005)) or similar methods (e.g. the "inverse" of Phys. Rev. Lett. 92, 147403 (2004)). Generally speaking, almost always some interference between probability amplitudes for single-photon and two photon processes is used as it is phase sensitive.

If you want a book, the one on femtosecond optical frequency comb technology by Jun Ye and Steve Cundiff might be helpful.

What is quantum interference control?

Quantum interference control is a phenomenon in quantum mechanics where the interference of two or more quantum states leads to changes in the probability of a quantum system transitioning between different energy levels.

How does quantum interference control work?

Quantum interference control is based on the principle of superposition, where quantum particles can exist in multiple states at the same time. By manipulating the phase and amplitude of these states, scientists can control the interference patterns and thus control the behavior of the quantum system.

What are the applications of quantum interference control?

Quantum interference control has many potential applications, such as in quantum computing, quantum cryptography, and quantum sensing. It can also be used to improve the efficiency of chemical reactions and create more precise measurements in fields like metrology and navigation.

What are the challenges in studying and utilizing quantum interference control?

One of the main challenges in studying and utilizing quantum interference control is the delicate nature of quantum systems. They are highly sensitive to external disturbances and require precise experimental techniques and control methods. Additionally, the complexity of manipulating and analyzing quantum systems makes it a challenging field of research.

What are the future prospects of quantum interference control?

Quantum interference control is a rapidly advancing field of research, and its potential applications are still being explored. With ongoing advancements in technology and experiments, we can expect to see more sophisticated control methods and new applications emerging in the future.