Simple Proof of Fermat's Last Theorem and Beal's Conjecture

In summary, the conversation revolved around a proof for the statement A^n + B^n ≠ (P+Q)^n if n is odd. The speaker provided a simple argument for the case when n is even, but the other person requested a proof for the case when n is odd. The speaker then amended the proof to not require n to be odd and added an extra paragraph to explain their claims further. However, the other person pointed out that a statement in the proof was not proven, but rather a restatement of Beal's conjecture.
MrAwojobi
Attached is the proof.

Attachments

• Simple Proof of Fermat and Beal's.doc
    30.5 KB · Views: 369
Physics news on Phys.org
I forgot to mention that n is odd and A and B are not necessarily integers in the transformation. This slight ammendments are in this new attachment.

Attachments

31.5 KB · Views: 280
MrAwojobi said:
A simple argument shows why A^n + B^n ≠ (P+Q)^n if n is odd.

Please provide this argument. I mean, I can give proofs like this to. You simply leave out the hard part...

Obviously, if n is even, A^n + B^n = C^n collapses to the Pythagorean equation.

I do not see this. Please provide a proof...

I have revamped the proof again so that n is not required to be odd.

Attachments

32.5 KB · Views: 255
MrAwojobi said:
I have revamped the proof again so that n is not required to be odd.

The statement "it should be clear that since the coefficients referred to previously are set in a particular way for each part, the only way they can equal each other is if C and B and therefore A have a common prime factor" is not proven. It is merely a restatement of Beal's conjecture.

ramsey2879

I have added an extra paragraph to my article and this offers more explanations to my claims.

Attachments

• Simple_Proof_of_Fermat_and_Beal_.doc
    36 KB · Views: 299

FAQ: Simple Proof of Fermat's Last Theorem and Beal's Conjecture

1. What is Fermat's Last Theorem and Beal's Conjecture?

Fermat's Last Theorem and Beal's Conjecture are two famous mathematical problems that involve finding integer solutions to equations with exponents. Fermat's Last Theorem states that for the equation x^n + y^n = z^n, there are no integer solutions for n greater than 2. Beal's Conjecture is a similar problem but with a different equation: A^x + B^y = C^z. Both problems were first proposed by mathematicians Pierre de Fermat and Andrew Beal, respectively.

2. Why are Fermat's Last Theorem and Beal's Conjecture important?

These problems are important because they have intrigued mathematicians for centuries and have been notoriously difficult to prove. They also have connections to other areas of mathematics, such as number theory and algebraic geometry.

3. What is a "simple proof" of these problems?

A "simple proof" refers to a proof that is relatively easy to understand and does not require advanced mathematical concepts. In the case of Fermat's Last Theorem and Beal's Conjecture, a simple proof would involve using basic mathematical principles and techniques to prove the problems.

4. Has a simple proof of Fermat's Last Theorem and Beal's Conjecture been found?

As of now, no simple proof has been found for these problems. The official proofs of Fermat's Last Theorem and Beal's Conjecture are complex and require advanced mathematical knowledge. However, there have been attempts at simpler proofs, but they have not been widely accepted by the mathematical community.

5. Why are these problems still relevant today?

Even though the official proofs for these problems have been published, they are still relevant because they continue to spark interest and inspire new research in mathematics. Additionally, there are still many open questions and variations of these problems that can be explored.