What is the Potential Impact of Sun Exposure on Children?

• Thread starter arildno
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Children
In summary, the conversation discusses a picture of Stephen Hawking and the opinions on his appearance. One person compares him to a character in a movie and another mentions that he needs to get some sun. The conversation also briefly touches on the effects of his motor neuron disease.
arildno
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
This is a quite telling picture, I think:
http://www.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,,5342678,00.jpg
:smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Kind of reminds me of the psycho Karl in "the Cell" when he was in character as the king of his demented fantasy land, disemboweling the detective.

arildno said:
This is a quite telling picture, I think:
:smile:

Sure is. :biggrin:

My aunt thinks Hawking looks creepy. She attritutes it to physics.

Anyway, pretty much the same discussion...

Ivan Seeking said:

Anyway, pretty much the same discussion...

Indeed.
I am sure you'd be able to dig up a picture of a pope looking like Santa Claus, but I'm not the one to go on such a picture hunt. :smile:

He looks creepy.

So does Stephen Hawking..

Ivan Seeking said:
And not to the fact that virtually all the motor neurons in his body are shot to hell? Or does she attribute that to physics?

Last edited:
He needs to get some sun.

Astronuc said:
He needs to get some sun.

Since the two children evidently* has had enough of that, perhaps it is sun-energy he is grabbing after??:confused:

*Not meant in any denigrating, oops, racist way AT ALL.
aargh, that came out wrong as well..:frown:

Last edited:

1. What does "Let the children come to me" mean?

"Let the children come to me" is a phrase that comes from the Bible, specifically from the book of Matthew in the New Testament. It is a statement made by Jesus to his disciples, encouraging them to welcome children and allow them to be near him, as he believes they are important and deserving of love and attention.

2. Why is "Let the children come to me" a famous quote?

"Let the children come to me" is a famous quote because it highlights the importance of children and their place in society. It is often used to emphasize the value and innocence of children and to remind people to treat them with love and compassion.

3. What is the significance of "Let the children come to me" in Christianity?

In Christianity, "Let the children come to me" is seen as a representation of Jesus' love for all people, regardless of age or social status. It is also interpreted as a call to welcome and care for the most vulnerable members of society, including children.

4. How does "Let the children come to me" relate to science?

While "Let the children come to me" is a quote from a religious text, it can also be related to scientific principles, such as the importance of nurturing and caring for young minds. Studies have shown that positive and loving interactions with caregivers are crucial for a child's healthy development and well-being.

5. How can we apply the message of "Let the children come to me" in our daily lives?

The message of "Let the children come to me" can be applied in our daily lives by treating children with love, respect, and kindness. This can include actively listening to them, valuing their opinions, and providing a safe and nurturing environment for them to grow and learn. Additionally, supporting organizations and policies that prioritize the well-being of children can also be a way to apply this message in a broader sense.