Is Itzhak Bars' Book on Quantum Mechanics Worth the 10.25 MB Download?

QM books that may be more comprehensive and well-written, such as Gallindo and Pascual, Manoukian and Ballentine. While Bars' book may have interesting sections on symmetries and angular momentum, it is missing three advanced QM chapters. However, it can still be a useful resource for learning undergraduate QM. In summary, Itzhak Bars' book on QM has potential, but it is important to note that it is missing three advanced chapters and there are other well-written QM books available.
MathematicalPhysicist
Gold Member
itzhak bars' book on QM, it looks promising, but beware it weighs 10.25 MB, here:

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
You've given a link to an incomplete document. Even if the book was complete, i still think Gallindo and Pascual, Manoukian and Ballentine have written better books.

Last edited:
dextercioby said:
Even if the book was complete, i still think Gallindo and Pascual, Manoukian and Ballentine have written better books.

But you can't download them from the web for free, without violating copyright, can you? :rolleyes:

What use would it do, if what you download is not complete ?

I like the symmetries and angular momentum treatment in Bars, nevertheless...

i still think you can learn from this quite a bit.
the three chapters that are missing there, are chapters of advanced QM.
so you still can learn the undergraduate QM from this text.

loop quantum gravity said:
itzhak bars' book on QM, it looks promising, but beware it weighs 10.25 MB, here:
http://physics.usc.edu/%7Ebars/courses/book2006.pdf

thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

1. Is Itzhak Bars' book on Quantum Mechanics based on current scientific understanding?

Yes, Itzhak Bars' book on Quantum Mechanics is based on current scientific understanding and is supported by the latest research and experiments in the field.

2. What makes Itzhak Bars' book on Quantum Mechanics stand out from other books on the subject?

Itzhak Bars' book offers a unique perspective on Quantum Mechanics, presenting a new and innovative theory that challenges traditional interpretations. It also provides a comprehensive and accessible explanation of complex concepts.

3. Does Itzhak Bars' book require prior knowledge of Quantum Mechanics?

While some background in Quantum Mechanics may be helpful, Itzhak Bars' book is written in a way that is accessible to both experts and beginners. The book provides a thorough introduction to the fundamentals of the subject before delving into more advanced topics.

4. Is the 10.25 MB download worth the file size?

Yes, the 10.25 MB download is worth it for the valuable information and insights provided in Itzhak Bars' book. The file size may be larger due to high-resolution images, diagrams, and interactive features that enhance the reading experience.

5. Will Itzhak Bars' book on Quantum Mechanics be useful for my research or studies in the field?

Absolutely, Itzhak Bars' book is a valuable resource for researchers and students in the field of Quantum Mechanics. It offers a fresh perspective and presents new ideas that can contribute to further advancements in the field.