What Attracts Women to Flowers?

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Women
In summary, women tend to like flowers while men are usually indifferent towards them. Some prefer potted flowers while others prefer cut flowers. Flowers that attract bees or butterflies are particularly enjoyable. There is also a discussion on the idea of a woman being compared to a flower. Some believe that potted flowers are forced to bloom and may die quickly, while others prefer cut flowers. Overall, women may have a better sense of smell while men may have better eyesight. Finally, some people do not enjoy having flowers in their homes, but are willing to compromise for their significant other.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Why is it that women like flowers, where as men are indifferent.

Physics news on Phys.org
wolram said:
Why is it that women like flowers, where as men are indifferent.

I like flowers, I just don't like receiving them.

They're pretty. A bouquet of kittens would be even better, but would present problems, so flowers are the next best thing.

Maybe because they are eye pleasant and silent, like most women even if they talk they're still unheard, or cannot express themselves better than being silent... You're threads are.. Unique, if I may say, wolram. :)

I like flowers, and I prefer flowers that are potted as opposed to cut.

Flowers that attract bees or butterflies are wonderful.

A woman is a flower.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AIfVoGUs6c

Likes gracy
Astronuc said:
I like flowers, and I prefer flowers that are potted as opposed to cut.
There is always great wisdom in Astro's posts. I also like to have live flowers in a pot.

I love flowers. My wife does, too. We can't justify decorating with them, apart from maybe glads that we cut and give to neighbors.

Flowers die, they are meant to be cut and arranged in decorative bowls and vases. I prefer cut flowers indoors.

The problem with getting a potted flower is that they are forced into bloom under unnatural greenhouse conditions. Once the blooms die, most women just throw the plant into the trash. I on the other hand, feel commited to try to keep the plant alive, knowing that I will probably never get it to bloom even if I do manage to keep it from dying and feel guilt stricken.

Just give me the cut flowers!

I'm certainly not indifferent to flowers. I don't grow them, or put them in vases around the house, but I do stop and look at them when I encounter them in the wild.

Evo said:
I on the other hand, feel commited to try to keep the plant alive, knowing that I will probably never get it to bloom even if I do manage to keep it from dying and feel guilt stricken.
tru dat!

Poinsettas are the worst!

Every year. Every year! I think I can keep it alive. I invariably give up around November of the following year when I toss the giant dried root-ball-with-sticks out in the garden.

That's why I call them...

Disappoinsettas.

:rofl:

Jimmy Snyder said:
A woman is a flower.

O'Keeffe always denied that.

My wife has spent most of last fall and this last summer building a garden of perennials. I have tilled up most of the front lawn, and we have built a stone-lined space just for her perennials. I love the flowers, and I have withheld sugar-water for the hummingbirds all this year just to ensure that they take care of the plants that can take care of them.

In general women have a better sense of smell then men, while men tend to have better eyesight.

wuliheron said:
In general women have a better sense of smell then men, while men tend to have better eyesight.
There could be something to that. I've always heard that the ideal marriage is between a blind woman and a deaf man.

drizzle said:
Maybe because they are eye pleasant and silent, like most women even if they talk they're still unheard, or cannot express themselves better than being silent...

You're threads are.. Unique, if I may say, wolram. :)

I am from planet Earth which one are you from :rofl:

I was so tempted at the store yesterday, by both poinsettias and Christmas cacti... but passed because we already have too many other things to take care of around here.

I'll remember this line...

DaveC426913 said:
That's why I call them...

Disappoinsettas.

Evo said:
They're pretty. A bouquet of kittens would be even better, but would present problems, so flowers are the next best thing.

http://www.thedailytail.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/kitten-bouquet.jpg

For Evo :!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Evo said:
The problem with getting a potted flower is that they are forced into bloom under unnatural greenhouse conditions. Once the blooms die, most women just throw the plant into the trash. I on the other hand, feel commited to try to keep the plant alive, knowing that I will probably never get it to bloom even if I do manage to keep it from dying and feel guilt stricken.

Just give me the cut flowers!
I would plant the flowers in a butterfly garden. I could to do cut flowers too.

Pengwuino said:

For Evo :!)
I see a letter T. But if I copy the url to the address bar, I find the bouquet.

That bouquet is so photoshopped. The one in the middle says it all. "I'd rather be pretending to kill something."

O lady:
I only remember your voice ..
Once holidays' bells ring!
I only remember your perfume ..
When I sleep on herbs' leaves!
You are a woman that won't be repeated .. In the history of flower ..
In the history of poetry ..
In the memory of Lily and basil ..!

- Nizar Qabbani

Jimmy, in the middle of the bouquet there are two cats that are both looking to the left and are in fact the same cat

Office_Shredder said:
Jimmy, in the middle of the bouquet there are two cats that are both looking to the left and are in fact the same cat
I see two of each cat.

Six sets of twins!

Jimmy Snyder said:
I see two of each cat.

That's just double vision

After 9 years of living on my own, i have put exactly TWO things up on any of my walls or desks or tables or whatever. A halo reach poster just because I thought I finally needed to put something up, and my going away plaque from work. I do not enjoy flowers. Leave them outside where they are meant to be! But if I had a wife/gf who liked them then I would absolutely let her have them in the house. And probably get her some myself. KEEP THE MISSUS HAPPY.

Flowers are kindred spirits :D they are pretty, smell good (for the most part), and they are soft and symmetric. I know lots of guys who like flowers though, and many who grow them.

A lovely woman (in looks or in spirit) makes a man smile and feel happy. By giving her flowers he is telling her that she makes him happy and he'd like to do the same for her by giving her something lovely to look at also.

So for those of you who are as yet unknowing in matters of male, female relations, you NEVER give your sweetheart/wife a practical gift like a vacuum clear or a blender for a special occasion unless you also give her something beautiful and otherwise useless. It doesn't have to cost a lot. You could make her a beautiful card, flowers or pendant or wall hanging or something but no matter how much she says she wants that practical thing you must always let her know that she is the most beautiful thing in your life so she deserves a beautiful gift.

When I was very young, one my favorite places to go was the Royal Botanical Gardens in Melbourne (South Yarra).
http://www.rbg.vic.gov.au/
http://www.rbg.vic.gov.au/rbg-melbourne

One of my uncles has a home overlooking the Yarra River and not too far from the gardens.

netgypsy said:
A lovely woman (in looks or in spirit) makes a man smile and feel happy. By giving her flowers he is telling her that she makes him happy and he'd like to do the same for her by giving her something lovely to look at also.

So for those of you who are as yet unknowing in matters of male, female relations, you NEVER give your sweetheart/wife a practical gift like a vacuum clear or a blender for a special occasion unless you also give her something beautiful and otherwise useless. It doesn't have to cost a lot. You could make her a beautiful card, flowers or pendant or wall hanging or something but no matter how much she says she wants that practical thing you must always let her know that she is the most beautiful thing in your life so she deserves a beautiful gift.
Nice, but the fact that I REALLY WANTED pratical gifts and never got them was one of the reasons I divorced my ex, he didn't listen to me. Any time we had an argument or any occasion I got 1-2 dozen red roses. It got to be so thoughtless that it infuriated me. I kept telling him if he wanted to send flowers, send me a cheap bouquet of colorful fresh flowers, not roses that would wilt and turn black the next day.

He never listened to me.

The most important thing a man can do, LISTEN to what your woman tells you. get her that vacuum, or those socks and oven mitts, then if you want to add something she didn't ask for, you're safe.

Last edited:
Notice I didn't say not to get her the practical gift. I just said to always include one that is beautiful no matter how little money it costs. Not listening demonstrates a serious lack of respect and also shows an imbalance of power in the relationship. A couple with equal power would not dare "not listen" to the spouse/partner so congratulations on dumping him. Hope you did it sooner rather than later. I've never understood why women marry a man when this lack of respect is there from the beginning. But the women in our family say it's because they are in love with love also and want things to be the way they should so much that they ignore reality. A real shame because they are missing out on an amazing experience with the right guy who will always listen and always be there.