Slash Through Handle Meaning: Explained

• Thread starter Pythagorean
  • Start date
In summary: If a lawyer gets banned and sues for slander, they may be able to get back into the PFs, but it would be very difficult.
Pythagorean
Gold Member
what's it mean when a member has a slash through their handle (nickname)?

Physics news on Phys.org
They've been banned.

Last edited:
Pythagorean said:
what's it mean when a member has a slash through their handle (nickname)?
They've been banned.

Crackpots and trolls, mostly.

Evo said:
They've been banned.

Interesting I genuinely never knew that, how long do they keep the ignomony of the slash, is it lifted if they behave for a probationary period? Or is it like a numerical tatoo on prisoners? If so does toadying and or chocolate garner a laser treatment?:smile:

I kinda miss Aviator!

How many times was he banned?

Bans can be temporary or permanent, depending on the reason for the ban.

No amount of chocolate can buy a member out of a ban.

or so evo says :biggrin:

Evo said:
Bans can be temporary or permanent, depending on the reason for the ban.

No amount of chocolate can buy a member out of a ban.

@Yomama: well I'm sure she's diplomatic but I see no reason to doubt her assertion :smile:

@Evo: So if your banned and have a slash you can still post, probably not, or does it mean you are labouring under the assertion of the damned, until you prove your inherent worthiness before the mods?

EDIT: for future reference, not planning on getting banned :smile: j/k, it's seldom a positive - for some - experience, even if it does affirm your mistakes.

Schrodinger's Dog said:
@Yomama: well I'm sure she's diplomatic but I see no reason to doubt her assertion :smile:

@Evo: So if your banned and have a slash you can still post, probably not, or does it mean you are labouring under the assertion of the damned, until you prove your inherent worthiness before the mods?
If you are banned permanently, it's unlikely you will ever be allowed back.

You cannot post while you are banned. The posts with the slashes were posts made before the ban.

I see thanks for the clarification, I'm sure these questions belong in the feedback section, but I thank you for your comments, appreciated.

ha, cool! Hang your impaled enemies where everyone can see them so others don't make the same mistake... excellent work!

You should have a big red BANNED stamp on their sigs and names.

test it out on yomamma.

Pythagorean said:
ha, cool! Hang your impaled enemies where everyone can see them so others don't make the same mistake... excellent work!
Well, actually, we delete the bad stuff that gets them banned. But if they have other posts that were okay, it might start disrupting threads to delete everything they posted if others have replied to it, so we leave those up.

Pengwuino said:
You should have a big red BANNED stamp on their sigs and names.

test it out on yomamma.

ooh, burn!

So what happens if a lawyer gets banned and sues for slander?

Jeff Reid said:

Greg use to be a millionaire...

Jeff Reid said:

PFs have their own (men in black) soon sorted, now where did i put my
multiphasicalcellulardisassembler. (my spelling) :tongue2:

1. What does the "slash through handle" symbol mean?

The "slash through handle" symbol is often used to indicate that a handle or lever should not be used. It can also indicate that the handle is broken or damaged and should not be touched.

2. Where is the "slash through handle" symbol commonly found?

This symbol can be found in various places, such as on machinery, appliances, and doors. It is commonly used in workplaces to indicate potential hazards or on products to warn consumers of potential dangers.

3. Is the "slash through handle" symbol a universal symbol?

Yes, the "slash through handle" symbol is a universal symbol that is recognized and understood by people all over the world. It is part of the ISO 7010 standard, which provides a set of safety symbols for international use.

4. Can the "slash through handle" symbol have different meanings?

Yes, the "slash through handle" symbol can have different meanings depending on the context in which it is used. While it is commonly associated with warning against using a handle, it can also indicate that the handle is not to be touched for other reasons, such as in the case of a biohazard or chemical hazard.

5. What should I do if I see the "slash through handle" symbol?

If you see the "slash through handle" symbol, it is important to follow the warning and not use the handle. If the symbol is on a product, refer to the product manual for further instructions. If the symbol is in a workplace, follow the safety protocols and inform a supervisor or manager if necessary.