Bicycling Bliss: Life is Good!

• Thread starter BicycleTree
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Life
In summary, the conversation revolves around the topic of transportation and the preference for biking over driving. The participants discuss the slow pace of cars and the convenience of biking, as well as the added perks of being able to pass through traffic and spit at windshields. However, the potential dangers of biking, such as getting squashed by cars, are also mentioned. One participant shares their love for biking but acknowledges the limitations of living far from work. Another mentions their own long commute but still prefers biking.
BicycleTree
How do I love thee? Let me count the ways

1.) Cars are so damn slow

2.) I travel by bike

3.) Poor bastards spending so much money to sit in a traffic jam

4.) Inside passing!

5.) Sidewalks!

6.) I'm six feet high!

7.) Spitting at windshields!

Ah, life is good. :tongue:

Physics news on Phys.org
not if u get squashed by cars...
whos laughing now

I'm still laughing.

Considering it's also pothole season around here, I wouldn't want to be riding around on anything with only two wheels. The constant rain also poses issues (I tend to like having a heater and being dry).

Only sunshine and roses here.

I love biking, but I unfortunately work 35 miles from home. I would happily ride my bike to work every day if it were only 10 miles, though.

- Warren

Hmm, I ride my bike everywhere (!) aswell.. But considering there's never a "rush hour" around here, it's not all that fascinating. I need a car.. blah.

chroot said:
I love biking, but I unfortunately work 35 miles from home. I would happily ride my bike to work every day if it were only 10 miles, though.

- Warren

If it makes you feel better, when i work during the summer i commute 53 miles.

Franz, you don't go to the University of Pittsburgh, do you?

1. What are the health benefits of regular bicycling?

Bicycling is a great form of cardiovascular exercise that can improve overall physical fitness and endurance. It also helps strengthen leg muscles and improve balance and coordination. Regular bicycling can also aid in weight loss and reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke.

2. What are the environmental benefits of bicycling?

Bicycling is a sustainable and eco-friendly mode of transportation that produces zero emissions. It reduces air pollution and traffic congestion, making cities more livable and improving overall air quality.

3. How often should I replace my bicycle helmet?

It is recommended to replace your bicycle helmet every 5 years, or sooner if it has been involved in a crash. Helmets can also wear out over time, so it's important to regularly check for any cracks or damage and replace if necessary.

4. What type of bicycle is best for long-distance rides?

The type of bicycle that is best for long-distance rides depends on personal preference and the terrain you will be riding on. Road bikes are great for smooth, paved roads, while mountain bikes are better for rougher terrain. Hybrid bikes offer a combination of features and are a good choice for longer rides on a variety of surfaces.

5. How can I make sure my bicycle is properly maintained?

Regular maintenance is important for keeping your bicycle in good condition and ensuring a safe and enjoyable ride. Some basic maintenance tasks include keeping tires properly inflated, lubricating the chain, and checking and adjusting brakes and gears. It's also recommended to have your bicycle professionally tuned up at least once a year.