Thread Killer Champions: Franzbear & Moonbear

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thread
In summary, Franzbear is the most prolific thread killer in the forum. He has killed at least 12 threads and is likely responsible for 21 more. His ability to kill threads is not a direct outcome of the evidence (number of last posts). You have to at least factor in the total number of posts by each person (posts in GD) to get a more accurate representation of the killer instinct. Franz and Moonie have so many posts here, they are more likely to be the winning killers. You have to divide the number of kills by the total number of posts during the same period to get a corrected distribution.
  • #5,216
Artman said:
All thoughts of sheep are gone. What a babe! That Evo is hot.
Now if she would just wear a wool suit and say Baahhh.

:uhh: Maybe some sheep thoughts are lingering.

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #5,217
Moonbear said:
The kittens are really cute, but I can't get at them (they hide up close by the house I think, or maybe in the little space under the concrete slab that used to be a patio that apparently pre-dated the deck).
A sure way to make friends with wild kitties is to play with them. Feeding them doesn't seem to work. Anyway, I once tamed a wild litter by putting a string on a stick and tying a ball of tissue to the end of the string. You dangle the ball, or drag it on the ground in front of them, while the stick allows you to keep a distance they consider safe. Soon they'll forget you and give into the temptation to attack the tissue. Little by little they'll get used to you (over days) and as long as you never try to grab or catch one, one is bound to come up and rub against your leg at some point. Always let them come to you when they're ready, don't try to force anything.

• #5,218
Artman said:
Have sheep suit, will travel. Baaahh :biggrin:

Did you see your movie?

• #5,219
zoobyshoe said:
A sure way to make friends with wild kitties is to play with them. Feeding them doesn't seem to work. Anyway, I once tamed a wild litter by putting a string on a stick and tying a ball of tissue to the end of the string. You dangle the ball, or drag it on the ground in front of them, while the stick allows you to keep a distance they consider safe. Soon they'll forget you and give into the temptation to attack the tissue. Little by little they'll get used to you (over days) and as long as you never try to grab or catch one, one is bound to come up and rub against your leg at some point. Always let them come to you when they're ready, don't try to force anything.

Hard to play with them when they're holed up somewhere and I can't even see where they are! I only know they're there because yesterday I happened to catch them sitting up ON the deck during a thunderstorm (half of my deck is covered, so it was a dry spot to sit), but the moment I walked to the door to confirm that I really was seeing kittens, they disappeared underneath. The mom waited a moment or two longer, until I actually opened the door before she run underneath. She's a clever one...when I'm around, she's nowhere near her kittens...she's busy trying to get me to follow her instead of them, but you can tell she's really cautious about going too far away, so that's how I know they're still under there. I'm not a big cat fan, so I have no desire to tame the kittens to keep them, just catch them and their mom to get them all to the shelter and neutered...let them tame them if they want. We already have enough strays, and they're scaring away the song birds I'd rather have in my yard (not to mention the neighbor's dog keeps barking at them and driving me nuts...I thought the dog was just nuts barking at nothing for a while, now I know what he's barking at).

They acquired this dog over the winter; I think it was the one that belonged to their father who just moved to assisted living. Their last dog was an absolute sweetie; he only barked until I let him sniff me through the fence, and then wanted to visit and get pet anytime the gates were open. The current one doesn't seem to realize his territory ends at the fence line, so barks anytime I'm in my yard. If I walk up to the fence, he doesn't stop barking to sniff, so I'm not about to get any closer if the dog is that nuts. I haven't really seen those neighbors much to chat since they got the dog, but I noticed they put a lock on their gate since the dog's arrival, so I suspect they have reason to believe he's not going to be friendly to visitors.

• #5,220
Moonbear said:
Their last dog was an absolute sweetie; he only barked until I let him sniff me through the fence, and then wanted to visit and get pet anytime the gates were open. The current one doesn't seem to realize his territory ends at the fence line, so barks anytime I'm in my yard. If I walk up to the fence, he doesn't stop barking to sniff, so I'm not about to get any closer if the dog is that nuts.

You may have to re-establish your territory. Just urinate on your side of the fence line, he'll get the picture. If he still resists, drug him, put him in the sheep costume and invite Danger over.

• #5,221
cronxeh said:
ill prove that with a 7 day no-sleep marathon :biggrin:
It's no fun when someone like you does that. There's no way for us to tell when you start hallucinating.

Artman said:
:biggrin: <-- (That's danger)
http://www.bpoi.org/forum/images/smilies/sheep.gif
[/URL]
I thought I found all of your cameras and disposed of them. :grumpy:

DocToxyn said:
Well, its not a smilie, but...
What! No chaps?! :frown:

Artman said:
That's not unheard of...

Evo said:
See?

DocToxyn said:
drug him, put him in the sheep costume and invite Danger over.
Just make sure it's a good drug, and throw a muzzle on just to be on the safe side. Real sheep don't bite.

To Moonbear: Zooby is dead-on with the advice. I've had at least one or two litters of strays born at my place every year. For the most part, we ignore each other. They will eventually get used to your presence. Does your department have any portable cages that you could easily convert to traps?

Last edited by a moderator:
  • #5,222
Evo said:
Did you see your movie?
Not yet. I'm at work. I hope to see them all later tonight.

• #5,223
Danger said:
To Moonbear: Zooby is dead-on with the advice. I've had at least one or two litters of strays born at my place every year. For the most part, we ignore each other. They will eventually get used to your presence. Does your department have any portable cages that you could easily convert to traps?

If I wanted to keep the kittens, I'd take the time to do that. But it is time-consuming and I have no interest in keeping kittens (they have this bad habit of growing up into cats). Nope, can't take any animal cages home. That would probably break a million rules, and returning the cages would risk carrying back any diseases these feral cats might be carrying to the lab animals. I think it's pathetic this city doesn't seem to have an animal control office that I can call to come fetch stray cats. I called the SPCA thinking they might be willing to fetch the kittens as part of their spay/neuter program, but they said I have to bring them in myself. If I can't get them myself, I have to pay some pest control company to do it. I'm not going to pay someone to remove kittens. If there were skunks living under the deck, sure, that'd be worth paying someone to get them out of there, but not for kittens.

• #5,224
Moonbear said:
If I wanted to keep the kittens, I'd take the time to do that. But it is time-consuming and I have no interest in keeping kittens
In that case, might I suggest that you enclose the under-deck area, if it isn't already, with temporary barriers like boards, rocks, or whatever with just one opening that you can put a cage in front of. Wait until the mother cat is inside, then put the cage over the opening. Shoot some smoke or something similar in from the other end. They'll for sure go out into the cage for air. Increase the smoke density until they can't go back, then just stroll around and close the cage. (Obviously, you need a cage with a sliding, rather than hinged, door.)

edit: All that you need to make a cage yourself is some heavy chicken wire and scrap wood. If you don't care about visibility, just wood is okay.

Last edited:
  • #5,225
Evo said:
Says you'll travel, but it doesn't say how far you'll go? :tongue2:

Baaaahh
<snort>

:biggrin:

• #5,226
Artman said:
How could it? Isn't infinity undefined?

• #5,227
Artman said:

Baaaahh
<snort>

:biggrin:
Depends on the supply of crab legs. :tongue2:

• #5,228
Evo said:
Depends on the supply of crab legs. :tongue2:
You're traveling by crab?

<snort>
:rofl:___:rofl:

Hey look, I made a "Snortmobile!"

Last edited:
  • #5,229
Artman said:
You're traveling by crab?

<snort>
:rofl:
Snorting crabs. Baaort :biggrin:

• #5,230
<snort>

There's a sheep riding in the Snortmobile

• #5,231
http://www.bpoi.org/forum/images/smilies/sheep.gif _:biggrin:[/URL]
<snort>

Now he's riding with Danger

• #5,232
Artman said:
http://www.bpoi.org/forum/images/smilies/sheep.gif _:biggrin:[/URL]
<snort>

Now he's riding with Danger
Hang on a second here! I specified female sheep only!

Love that snortmobile. Reminds me of the Rubble family sedan.

• #5,233
Artman said:
<snort>

There's a sheep riding in the Snortmobile
I love it!

• #5,234
I think you guys can find the one that snorts, and they all look to be females (Danger), at least by the shoes (or else they've been raiding Smurf's closet).

Attachments

• PBI.jpg
    PBI.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 347
Last edited:
  • #5,235
DocToxyn said:
Well, its not a smilie, but...
Funny Doc. :biggrin:

____:tongue:
<Baahaa>
:rofl: _____:rofl:

Hey look, it's the Baahhhmobile! :biggrin: (Doc's driving)

• #5,236
<Igotalimozine>
:rofl: ________ :rofl:

• #5,237
Artman said:

<Baahaa>

I'm...uh...speechless. :rofl:

• #5,238
Artman said:

<Baahaa>

Doc's a turtle, how appropriate! :biggrin:

yomamma said:
<Igotalimozine>
How many sheep and turtles will that hold?

Last edited:
  • #5,239
No animals allowed on my limo except for dogs and cats

• #5,240
yomamma said:
No animals allowed on my limo except for dogs and cats

• #5,241
: yourself :approve:

• #5,242
yomamma said:
<Igotalimozine>

_:approve: _____:cool:
<Igotalimozine>

I figure you wouldn't mind yourself (:approve:) and a limo driver. ( :cool: ) :biggrin:

• #5,243
Oooh, I just bought a new fan for my bedroom. I was looking at fans in the store when a woman walking by, pointed to one and said "get this one, it blows really hard!" She wasn't kidding, standing in front of this thing is like being in a wind tunnel.

It's the Lasko HVB (high volume Blower) fan. (grunts like the Home Improvement guy)

http://www.laskoproducts.com/images/4920.jpg

I'm going to be one happy camper tonight. :approve:

• #5,244
I'll drive :rolleyes:

__________:approve:
<igotalimozine>

• #5,245
this angle looks much better http://www.appliance.com/np_images/4920__Remote.jpg

• #5,246
Evo said:
Oooh, I just bought a new fan for my bedroom. I was looking at fans in the store when a woman walking by, pointed to one and said "get this one, it blows really hard!" She wasn't kidding, standing in front of this thing is like being in a wind tunnel.

It's the Lasko HVB (high volume Blower) fan. (grunts like the Home Improvement guy)

http://www.laskoproducts.com/images/4920.jpg

I'm going to be one happy camper tonight. :approve:
That looks cool
:tongue: How many CFM?

• #5,247
hmmm...

• #5,248
http://www.appliance.com/np_images/4920__Remote.jpg _http://www.bpoi.org/forum/images/smilies/sheep.gif
<FanDeliveryTruck>
:rofl:_______:rofl: :rofl: _:rofl:

(With a sheep driving)

• #5,249
Artman said:
How many CFM?
It doesn't say.

• #5,250
Evo said:
It's the Lasko HVB (high volume Blower)
We need a couple of those for the clinic.

Back