How to build a career in automobile industry?

It's great that you have a passion for engines and are pursuing it through your education. It's also impressive that you have already worked on projects and have experience building vehicles. As for your queries, there are many fields you can go into with a mechanical engineering degree. Some options include automotive engineering, aerospace engineering, and renewable energy. To work at a dream company like Lamborghini or Maserati, you will likely need to gain experience through internships or entry-level positions and continuously work on developing your skills and knowledge in the field. Don't be nervous about asking questions, it's always good to seek advice and learn from others. In summary, Mohammad Umar is a mechanical engineering student in Delhi, India who has a passion for engines and
MUQ
Hi everyone!

This is Mohammad Umar. I am a mechanical engineering student here in Delhi, India.

There are many things that are running in my mind right now regarding my career.
Its already high time now!

I am planning to go to Germany for my M.S in automobile as I am really really into engine and stuff! i took up mechanical engg so that I could learn mechanisms and build an engine of my own! I know that's too childish but there's no harm in dreaming ;)
I've worked on a couple of projects, made a 300cc, 10 H.P All Terrain Vehicle for a competition SAE BAJA 2013.
Currently planning to build a two stroke quad bike.
.I had a few queries in my mind
What are the different fields I can go into once I complete my engineering?
How will I have to go about if I want to work in any of the dream companies, be it Lamborghini, Maserati etc..?
Any comment is welcome.
( This was my first post so was a bit nervous :) )

Physics news on Phys.org
MUQ said:
I know that's too childish but there's no harm in dreaming ;)
I don't think that's childish at all.

1. What education and qualifications do I need to pursue a career in the automobile industry?

To enter the automobile industry, a bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering, automotive engineering, or a related field is usually required. Additionally, some employers may prefer candidates with a master's degree or specialized training in specific areas such as design, manufacturing, or business management.

2. What skills are important for a successful career in the automobile industry?

Some essential skills for a career in the automobile industry include strong analytical and problem-solving skills, technical knowledge of automotive systems, excellent communication and teamwork abilities, and the ability to adapt to new technologies and industry trends.

3. How can I gain relevant experience in the automobile industry?

Internships, co-ops, and entry-level positions at automotive companies are great ways to gain hands-on experience in the industry. Additionally, participating in automotive design competitions or volunteering at automotive events can also provide valuable experience and networking opportunities.

4. What are the different career paths in the automobile industry?

The automobile industry offers a wide range of career paths, such as automotive design, manufacturing, sales and marketing, research and development, and business management. Within each of these paths, there are also various roles and specialties to explore.

5. How can I stay updated on the latest developments and advancements in the automobile industry?

To stay updated on the latest trends and advancements in the automobile industry, it's important to read industry publications, attend conferences and workshops, and network with professionals in the field. Additionally, staying informed on emerging technologies and market trends can also help you stay ahead in your career.