Health Sciences sub forum

• Thread starter Aero51
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the idea of creating a sub-forum dedicated to health sciences, specifically working out and nutrition. The suggestion is met with agreement and the belief that it would be more organized and potentially attract more users. However, it is noted that simply creating a forum for a topic is not enough and the sustainability and quality of posts must be considered. It is also mentioned that the Medical Science forum already has discussions on fitness and nutrition.
Aero51
What do you think of creating a sub forum dedicated to health sciences such as working out and nutrition. It would probably be better than some of those crackpot forums like bodybuilding.com

Physics news on Phys.org
Aero51 said:
What do you think of creating a sub forum dedicated to health sciences such as working out and nutrition. It would probably be better than some of those crackpot forums like bodybuilding.com

Thanks for the suggestions. Some of those topics could be put in Medical, Biology or General Discussion :)

This is true, but wouldn't it be more organized if it was condensed? Also, (granted I'm no business man) wouldn't the creation of a sub forum potentially attract more users with interests in the aforementioned topic?

As an anecdotal example, I work out a lot, about 4x a week. Weightlifting is my second passion behind school/aerodynamics. However, I am out of shape because I frequently enjoy burgers and ice cream and cheese cake and... It would be really nice to have some people to talk to about fitness and nutrition who are also interested in math and science. Maybe the intersection of those interests is too esoteric, who knows?

We can't simply create a forum for something just because the topic exists. If we do that, we will have thousands of forums.

You need to show that there is a high frequency of posting in that particular topic, and that it is sustainable with enough number of experts in that field to ensure the high quality of posts.

There have been many members who have proposed this-and-that topic for its own forum. Please check the responses for those suggestions because they apply here as well.

Zz.

Aero51 said:
It would be really nice to have some people to talk to about fitness and nutrition who are also interested in math and science.

I know we have a lot of members who are active in fitness including me. I would welcome any fitness and nutrition threads in Medical Science forum. In fact I just added "nutrition" to the description.

Yay! I am glad I marginally contributed to the development of PF

1. What is the purpose of the Health Sciences sub forum?

The Health Sciences sub forum is dedicated to discussing and sharing information about various health-related topics such as medicine, biology, nutrition, and healthcare. It serves as a platform for individuals interested in the field to exchange knowledge, ideas, and research findings.

2. Who can participate in the Health Sciences sub forum?

Anyone with an interest in health sciences can participate in the sub forum. This includes researchers, students, healthcare professionals, and individuals looking to learn more about health-related topics.

3. What type of discussions can I expect to see in the Health Sciences sub forum?

The sub forum covers a wide range of topics related to health sciences, including but not limited to: new medical treatments and technologies, public health issues, disease prevention and management, and current research findings. You can also expect to see discussions about career opportunities and advancements in the field.

4. Can I ask for medical advice in the Health Sciences sub forum?

No, the Health Sciences sub forum is not a platform for seeking medical advice. It is important to consult a healthcare professional for any personal medical concerns.

5. How can I contribute to the Health Sciences sub forum?

There are a few ways to contribute to the sub forum, such as sharing your own knowledge and experiences, participating in discussions, and asking relevant questions. You can also share articles or research studies related to health sciences for others to read and discuss.