How to search topics by keywords here?

• Thread starter Feymar
  • Start date
In summary, the person is asking if there is a way to search for keywords on the forum and expresses embarrassment for not realizing they could simply use the search bar. Others relate to this experience and share their own similar situations.
Feymar
Hey all, I have a few questions that I believe are not that uncommon, so I would like to search for the keywords on the topic on the various sub-forums, but in the filter-menu I can only search by poster and prefix? Is there no way to search for keywords? I truly believe that most of my questions have probably been extensively answered already, so I would like to "do my homework" and check old posts first, without having to go through every page of a sub-forum.

What to do?

Physics news on Phys.org
Feymar said:
Hey all, I have a few questions that I believe are not that uncommon, so I would like to search for the keywords on the topic on the various sub-forums, but in the filter-menu I can only search by poster and prefix? Is there no way to search for keywords? I truly believe that most of my questions have probably been extensively answered already, so I would like to "do my homework" and check old posts first, without having to go through every page of a sub-forum.

What to do?
Insert the keywords and leave everything else blank. You can do this forum specifically so you get probably better results.

Likes Feymar
fresh_42 said:
Insert the keywords and leave everything else blank. You can do this forum specifically so you get probably better results.

Oh, goodness me! I was dying over here trying to find a filter around the topic interface for keywords, while the huge "SEARCH" was quietly looming in the corner all the time, probably laughing at me and my incompetence to find things.

Sorry for the nonsense topic of a seemingly blind mole-man person. I feel so embarrassed right now.

• Haha
Likes fresh_42
Feymar said:
Oh, goodness me! I was dying over here trying to find a filter around the topic interface for keywords, while the huge "SEARCH" was quietly looming in the corner all the time, probably laughing at me and my incompetence to find things.

Sorry for the nonsense topic of a seemingly blind mole-man person. I feel so embarrassed right now.
You can count me among those that can't see things until I complain or question why something's "not there". :doh:

Likes BillTre
Likewise. I'm sure we've all "been there" at one time or another. o:)

Likes fresh_42
jtbell said:
Likewise. I'm sure we've all "been there" at one time or another. o:)
Just today. Lost at a ticket machine: "Why the heck doesn't it accept the money?" - "You have to click on the date first" - "Urrrghhh!"

1. How do I search for topics by keywords on this website?

To search for topics by keywords on this website, simply enter your keyword(s) into the search bar located on the homepage or on the top of any page. Then, click the search button or press enter on your keyboard. The results will display relevant topics that match your keyword(s).

2. Can I search for multiple keywords at once?

Yes, you can search for multiple keywords at once by separating them with a space. For example, if you are looking for information on "climate change", you can enter "climate change" into the search bar and any topics related to both keywords will appear.

3. How do I refine my search results?

After entering your keywords and clicking the search button, you can refine your results by using the filters on the left side of the page. These filters allow you to narrow down your search by category, date, or other criteria.

4. Why am I not getting any results from my search?

If you are not getting any results from your search, it could be because your keyword(s) are too specific or there are no topics on this website related to your keyword(s). Try using more general keywords or checking for spelling errors.

5. Is there a way to save my search results for future reference?

Yes, you can save your search results by bookmarking the page or using the "Save" feature located on the top right corner of the search results page. This will allow you to access your saved results at any time.