Why would Tesla want free enrgy for everyone?

• Thread starter mapa
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Tesla
In summary: GD.I am not trying to suggest anything, I was curious if there was a logical reason.Have you asked him about it lol? How are we suppost to know what he wanted?I mean from what I know he made claims that he could split the Earth in two and had been in communications with aliens so...Also I read something about him that I really don't like it involved one of his early devices.Also I read something about him that I really don't like it involved one of his early devices.:smile:In summary, Tesla wanted to provide free energy to the world as a humanitarian gesture, but this was met with
RaDoonZ said:
I believe Tesla would have made money off every tower that was built. There needed to be towers that created and projected the electrical power into the air. I think everyone would also need some way to harvest electric from the air and convert/clean it for household and business use. He would in fact make quite a bit of money from the patented tech every time one was sold and installed.

wouldn't work. a patent only protects you for a few years. then anyone can build a device to leach off the atmospheric grid that YOU pay money to energize. or, they could ignore your patent rights, leach off the grid before your patent expires, and send you into financial ruin right away.

Physics news on Phys.org
Maybe Tesla found a way to get energy for free. There's no shortage of energy in the universe. The Earth intercepts only one part of 2.205 billion parts of energy which the Sun puts out. We still can't reproduce his ball lightning. Maybe he was a nice guy.

Relay said:
Maybe Tesla found a way to get energy for free. There's no shortage of energy in the universe. The Earth intercepts only one part of 2.205 billion parts of energy which the Sun puts out. We still can't reproduce his ball lightning. Maybe he was a nice guy.

Nice Guy Tesla. Sounds like a meme.

mapa said:
Why we Tesla want to give away free energy when he knew he could make money off
of it?

His motives were probably psychological. As a boy there was an incident in his village where his interest in machines and devices paid off unexpectedly to increase his status:

"A new fire engine had been purchased, along with uniforms for a fire department, and this called for a celebration. The community turned out for a parade, there were speeches, and then the command was given to pump water with the new equipment. Not a drop came from the nozzle. While the village fathers stood in puzzled dismay, the bright lad flung himself into the river and found, as he had suspected, that the hose had collapsed. He corrected the problem, instantly drenching the delighted village fathers. Long after, Tesla would recall that 'Archimedes running naked thru the streets of Syracuse did not make a greater impression than myself. I was carried on the shoulders and was the hero of the day.'"

Tesla, Man Out of Time
Margaret Chaney, p. 8

I think Tesla spent most of his life trying to regain/maintain that hero status he enjoyed when he saved the day back in his village. Being hailed as the hero who gave free electricity to all would have been a reward more valuable to him than money.