Intro Light, Heat & Sound Class - Reviews Needed!

In summary, the conversation is about a class called "intro class in light, heat, and sound" and whether it is typically easier or more difficult than previous courses. The speaker has not taken the class yet, but it is described as a calculus-level treatment of thermodynamics, optics, and sound. They mention that the topics may be harder, especially optics, but it depends on the professor and how the subjects are taught. The other person in the conversation has never heard of the class before and suggests looking at the syllabus for more information on the course content.
ziggybenji
Hi everybody, I just wanted to ask for those of you who have taken an intro class in light, heat, and sound what you thought of the class? I have taken intro Mechanics and intro E&M so this is my third class in the program. Just curious if it's typically easier or more difficult then those previous courses and whether or not you had fun in the course in general?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I have never heard of a class with that name. A paragraph on the syllabus would probably make it easier to evaluate how hard it is compared to the other ones. It sounds like a mix between transversal waves, longitudinal waves and statistical physics?

Yeah, like I said, I haven't actually started the class yet. The description of the course in the catalog is:
Calculus-level treatment of thermodynamics, geometrical and physical optics, and sound and the prerequisite for the class is Newtonian mechanics.

I personally think the topics are abit harder, especially optics. But as always it depends on the professor/treatment of the subjects.

Gullik said:
I have never heard of a class with that name. A paragraph on the syllabus would probably make it easier to evaluate how hard it is compared to the other ones. It sounds like a mix between transversal waves, longitudinal waves and statistical physics?
It's general physics 2 sounds like.

FAQ: Intro Light, Heat & Sound Class - Reviews Needed!

What is the purpose of the "Intro Light, Heat & Sound Class - Reviews Needed!"?

The purpose of the "Intro Light, Heat & Sound Class - Reviews Needed!" is to gather feedback and reviews from students who have taken the class. This will help improve the course and make it more effective for future students.

What topics are covered in the "Intro Light, Heat & Sound Class"?

The "Intro Light, Heat & Sound Class" covers the basic principles of light, heat, and sound. This includes topics such as the properties of light, how heat is transferred, and the characteristics of sound waves.

Who can benefit from taking the "Intro Light, Heat & Sound Class"?

The "Intro Light, Heat & Sound Class" is designed for anyone who wants to gain a basic understanding of light, heat, and sound. It can benefit students, professionals, and anyone with a curious mind.

What teaching methods are used in the "Intro Light, Heat & Sound Class"?

The "Intro Light, Heat & Sound Class" uses a combination of lectures, hands-on activities, and demonstrations to teach the concepts. This allows for a well-rounded learning experience and caters to different learning styles.

What makes the "Intro Light, Heat & Sound Class" stand out from other science classes?

The "Intro Light, Heat & Sound Class" stands out from other science classes because it focuses specifically on the fundamental principles of light, heat, and sound. It also encourages students to actively engage with the material through hands-on activities and discussions.