Lost Post: Falling Laundry - Server Move? Repost Reply?

• Thread starter BSCS
  • Start date
In summary, several threads that the poster replied to have gone missing. The poster is not sure if they are on the new server yet and is waiting to see if the posts return.
BSCS
I posted a reply in a thread (Falling Laundry) a couple of hours ago and now it's gone. Is this related to the server move? Should I just repost the reply?

Physics news on Phys.org
The same thing happened to me. One of them came back while I was asleep, but at least one other is still missing. It'll probably turn up eventually.

Everything I posted after 8:30am ET yesterday has vanished. I'm not sure if I'm on the new server yet...I'm just going to wait and see if the missing posts return by tomorrow. If not, they're probably gone for good.

Last edited:
Me too. I made a few posts which have now vanished.

Same thing happened to me. Indeed, several threads that I replied to are gone!

I hope they let us know when things are back to normal.

Okay, I THOUGHT I had visited PF earlier today and answered some questions, but when I couldn't find my posts, I assumed I had imagined it.

Thanks to all of you to keep me from running to the nearest shrink. :smile:

I hate moving! :cry: Hopefully this will be for the better in the end. At least I only have a little time to get on PF while my parents are in town, so I'm not as traumatized as if I had lots of free time on my hands to stare at blank screens and server not found errors.

I think we packed them in the box marked..spare bedroom..oh jeez, who knows where they ended up.

I lost them too

I thought that the posts of mine were deleted because they were so bad that you wanted to get rid of them... I guess it is nothing personal...It happens to everyone

interested_learner said:
It happens to everyone
No, no... yours were deliberate. :rolleyes:

Danger said:
No, no... yours were deliberate. :rolleyes:
:smile: :smile: :smile:

my posts are missing too. :eek:

~Amy

Darn, I was hoping that box that fell off the back of the truck during the move was just the spam. :rolleyes: Unless Chroot still has some miracle up his sleeve, I think they're gone for good.

Related to Lost Post: Falling Laundry - Server Move? Repost Reply?

1. What caused the server move for "Lost Post: Falling Laundry"?

The server move for "Lost Post: Falling Laundry" was caused by technical issues and server maintenance that required the website to be moved to a new server.

2. How long will the server move take?

The server move for "Lost Post: Falling Laundry" has already been completed and should not take any longer than a few hours for the website to be fully functional again.

3. Will there be any changes to the website after the server move?

No, there will not be any changes to the website after the server move. The move was done to improve the overall performance and stability of the website.

4. Will all of my data and posts still be available after the server move?

Yes, all of your data and posts will still be available after the server move. The move was done to transfer all of the website's data to a new server without any data loss.

5. How can I access the website after the server move?

You can access the website by simply typing in the URL as you normally would. If you encounter any issues, please clear your browser's cache and try again.