When your post gets deleted, do you get a warming or something?

• Thread starter ONJ's Noble Steed
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the deletion of a post without warning, the possibility of receiving a warning before being banned, and the option to contact a mentor for clarification on a deleted post. The speaker also explains that minor infractions may not always result in a warning, but repeated offenses will.
ONJ's Noble Steed
Because, I think one of my posts was deleted, by I didn't get any warnings or pm's. I don't even think that post was inappropriate. I guess some mod thought so, but how should I know that if I didn't get a warning? It seems silly to constantly check if any of your posts were deleted. Also, do users get at least one warning before being banned?

Physics news on Phys.org
Okay, you got your warning, so are you happy now? I gave you two warnings, one for the post, and another for being previously told not to post feedback in GD.

ONJ, the answer to this is the same as the answer to your previous question. You can send a PM to a mentor if a post was deleted and you don't know why.

In general, we do, from time to time, delete a post without issuing a warning. We sometimes just cut someone slack on a minor infraction if they've had a clean past record or are new enough to still be learning what is taking something too far. If it is repeated and not just a one-time slip-up, formal warnings get issued.

Related to When your post gets deleted, do you get a warming or something?

1. What happens when my post gets deleted?

When your post gets deleted, it is removed from the platform and is no longer visible to other users.

2. Will I receive a warning before my post is deleted?

It depends on the platform's policies. Some platforms may send a warning before deleting a post, while others may not.

3. Can I appeal the deletion of my post?

Again, it depends on the platform's policies. Some platforms may allow you to appeal the deletion of your post, while others may not have an appeal process in place.

4. Why was my post deleted?

The most common reasons for a post being deleted include violating the platform's community guidelines or terms of service, containing inappropriate or offensive content, or being reported by other users.

5. Will my post be permanently deleted?

Yes, once a post is deleted it is permanently removed from the platform. However, it may still be stored in the platform's database for a certain period of time.