When your post gets deleted, do you get a warming or something?

by ONJ's Noble Steed
Tags: deleted, warming
ONJ's Noble Steed
Nov26-05, 01:51 AM
P: 18
Because, I think one of my posts was deleted, by I didn't get any warnings or pm's. I don't even think that post was inappropriate. I guess some mod thought so, but how should I know that if I didn't get a warning? It seems silly to constantly check if any of your posts were deleted. Also, do users get at least one warning before being banned?
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Going nuts? Turkey looks to pistachios to heat new eco-city
Space-tested fluid flow concept advances infectious disease diagnoses
SpaceX launches supplies to space station (Update)
loseyourname
Nov26-05, 01:56 AM
Emeritus
PF Gold
P: 3,634
Okay, you got your warning, so are you happy now? I gave you two warnings, one for the post, and another for being previously told not to post feedback in GD.
Moonbear
Nov26-05, 08:17 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,257
ONJ, the answer to this is the same as the answer to your previous question. You can send a PM to a mentor if a post was deleted and you don't know why.

In general, we do, from time to time, delete a post without issuing a warning. We sometimes just cut someone slack on a minor infraction if they've had a clean past record or are new enough to still be learning what is taking something too far. If it is repeated and not just a one-time slip-up, formal warnings get issued.

Register to reply